Question on Lastest version of DSD+ FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9RPL

I'm looking to use DSD+ Fastlane on a new SDR and I'm a bit confused about the versions. The DSD website doesn't show anything current, it's all like 5 years old. If I go for the Fastlane updates, what version will I see?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You'd think the authors would at least show the latest version on the website. The info in there is 5 years old...

It is not on the website because it is not publicly available for download, it is only available by subscription and they provide the information to those who choose to subscribe.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They rely on the folks in this very forum to inform & disseminate developments in data/changes/updates/fixes/workarounds to keep those who are following/subscribing to DSD+ FL current..

K9RPL

Well, I got the dongle yesterday and downloaded SDR# and started playing around. After a few initial head scratching moments it's up and running. Pretty slick stuff. I've been programming up local VHF Narrow Band stuff for now. Just getting a feel for how the system works. I wish there was a way to get SDR# to remember my dongle when I exit the program though. It defaults to Airspy every time.

Receiving pretty well considering the dipole antenna stuff it came with. Not bad.

I did take a look at the Starcom32 (Statewide P25) control channel in my area along with the subscriber channels and I can hear them pretty well so when I start working on P25 I know I'll hear something.

I did notice the noise floor is sensitive to antenna length. Shorter length seems to bring the floor up and longer drops it. On VHF I'm seeing -40 and -60 at 850MHz.

Overall not bad for $30.

silberj

Got DSD+ Fastlane running and seeing all kinds of P25 traffic. This thing is Freakin COOL!

Got it seeing DMR but no audio. Gotta work on that one.
Are you using FMP24 or SDR#?

I used to use SDR# but I have become more fond of FMP24. Much better scanning capability. Takes a little to get lists and bat files populated, but other than that, I'm more satisfied with it than SDR# at this point.

K9RPL

For plain old VHF/UHF Amateur stuff, SDR#, but for P25 and DMR, DSD+ with FMP24.

I'm surprised I got it all going this easily. I've just scratched the surface but really happy I got it going, especially the P25 stuff. I haven't tried SDR# for P25.

silberj

Another application I'm fond of when I'm not using DSD+ FL is HDSDR. If you haven't heard of or looked into it, I would encourage you to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.