Question on Motorola Type I Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoob

I have my BCD-396T programmed for some Trunking systems but I am having difficulty with this one because I don't know the ID? Don't you have to have an ID? I put in the Fleetmap. I don't see an ID on this sheet. My sheet is below. My scanner skips over this system pretty quick and I don't hear any calls on this group.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scoob

Chadmoore Wireless Group SMR System

US > Indiana > Allen County > Chadmoore Wireless Group SMR System Information Last Updated on 05-02-2008 15:22

System Name: Chadmoore Wireless Group SMR
County: Allen
System Type: Motorola Type I
System Voice: Analog
Last Updated: Deleted Talkgroup Category: Disaster Relief
Hits: 1246

System Fleetmap

Type B0 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7
Mot G A D D D D C D
TT S7 S1 S4 S4 S4 S4 S3 S4

System Frequencies
Red* are Primary Control Channels | Blue* are alternate control channels | Click a Site Name for additional site information | Site Map: FCC Callsigns RR Locations

Site Name Freqs
001 Primary 852.06250 852.43750 852.88750 853.16250* 853.43750 853.71250* 853.91250 853.96250 854.13750
854.16250* 854.28750 854.36250 854.71250*

System Talkgroups
Updated in the last 7 days Updated in the last 24 hours List All in one table Show New Talkgroups

Transportation Talkgroups

Subfleet Mode Description Tag
003-00 A Al Gratz Paint & Body Shop Business
005-01 A Budget Car/Truck Business
011-00 A Reilley Trucking Business
019-01 A Watkins Motor Lines Business
300-05 A Miller's Delivery Business
300-06 A Kelley Wrecker Svc Business
400-10 A J&R Trucking Business

Business Talkgroups

Subfleet Mode Description Tag
004-01 A Value City Furniture - Delivery Business
005-03 A Brockman Heating & Air Business
008-03 A Roanoke Woodwork Business
009-01 A ITT Aerospace/Communications Business
009-03 A Golden Rule Business
010-01 A Sheets - A/C, Heating & Plumbing Business
011-01 A GD Smith Heating Business
021-02 A JAT of Fort Wayne Business
022-00 A Carpet Master Business
025-01 A Salvation Army - Delivery Business
102-01 A Emergency Radio Svc - CH-A Business
102-02 A Emergency Radio Svc - CH-B Business
300-00 A Roto Rooter Business
300-01 A McComb DO & Sons Business
300-13 A Wayne Asphalt & Construction Co. Business
300-15 A Coe Heating & Air Conditioning Business
400-01 A TruGreen-Chemlawn Business
400-02 A Horstman Enterprises Business
400-06 A Allen County Co-op Business
400-11 A Stanley Steemer Business
601-01 A National Serv-All Business
601-02 A National Serv-All Business
601-03 A National Serv-All Business

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Scoob said:
I have my BCD-396T programmed for some Trunking systems but I am having difficulty with this one because I don't know the ID? Don't you have to have an ID? I put in the Fleetmap. I don't see an ID on this sheet. My sheet is below. My scanner skips over this system pretty quick and I don't hear any calls on this group.
ID? Do you mean SysID? If so, you don't need that for anything, it is just supplied to help identify the system, it is not used in scanners. (Man, I wish it was!)

Isolate the system so you are only scanning that one system (deactivate/deselect all other systems). When you are scanning this system only, do you see a frequency in the display or is it occasionally saying "Searching for Control" (or something like that)? If you don't see the frequency, press <HOLD> and then scroll (using the control knob) through all of the frequencies you have programmed, if you don't get a control channel, then recheck your programming or put all of the frequencies instead of the just the CCh's. If you do get a CCh, let it sit there for a bit and make note of what is reported on the CCh, let us know. Also, if you do get a CCh, then place the radio in "ID Search" mode (push <SCAN> to toggle while scanning) to see if any activity exists on the system.

As this does not seem to be related to software use or indeed the radio I am moving this to the regional forum.

caylorman

Premium Subscriber
I've tried on and off to listen to this system on my PRO-95. I've been able to receive it, but the talkgroup numbers I received never matched those on the list. I'll have to try it again sometime to see if I can get it to work.

Caylorman

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
loumaag said:
ID? Do you mean SysID? If so, you don't need that for anything, it is just supplied to help identify the system, it is not used in scanners. (Man, I wish it was!)

Slight correction, while it is not needed at all for scanning, it is supported in the pro97/2055 (and likely other newer GREs) scanners. It will display the sysID on a programmed frequency, but would be really great if It would display it while pausing on a frequency during a search, but I will take what I can get :lol:

jerk

caylorman said:
I've tried on and off to listen to this system on my PRO-95. I've been able to receive it, but the talkgroup numbers I received never matched those on the list. I'll have to try it again sometime to see if I can get it to work.

Caylorman
Do you have the fleet map programed in the scanner? And the database could be wrong.
The system type could have changed as well.

What are the numbers looking like, and example of one or two might help clarify things.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Grog said:
Slight correction, while it is not needed at all for scanning, it is supported in the pro97/2055 (and likely other newer GREs) scanners. It will display the sysID on a programmed frequency, but would be really great if It would display it while pausing on a frequency during a search, but I will take what I can get :lol:
Well yeah, that is what I asked the OP to do (a little further down my post). What I meant was I wished that scanners would use SysID's to limit what you hear. This could be very useful on large systems where a CCh frequency on one site might be belong to a different system 200 miles away. An example would be Louisana 800 and Orange Co., TX systems. Both use 858.4375 as CCh's separated by about 120 miles.

caylorman

Premium Subscriber
newsalan said:
Do you have the fleet map programed in the scanner? And the database could be wrong.
The system type could have changed as well.

What are the numbers looking like, and example of one or two might help clarify things.

My first thought was that the fleetmap may have been incorrect on RR. However, when I tried to load the system into my scanner tonight, the control channel is no where to be found. I think that this system may no longer be in use.

Caylorman

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
loumaag said:
Well yeah, that is what I asked the OP to do (a little further down my post). What I meant was I wished that scanners would use SysID's to limit what you hear. This could be very useful on large systems where a CCh frequency on one site might be belong to a different system 200 miles away. An example would be Louisana 800 and Orange Co., TX systems. Both use 858.4375 as CCh's separated by about 120 miles.

Point taken......I never have had that issue because I do so little trunked listening anyway (maybe 1%) and none of that is "DX grade" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.