Question on Motorola Type IIi Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1mri

On my BCT15 I need to know what system type to use when I want to program in Motorola Type IIi Hybrid?

I noticed that the talkgroups look like this:
DEC HEX Description Tag
1040 041 Announcement (ATG)
1072 043 Dispatch
1104 045 Tactical 1
1136 047 Tactical 2

Not the usual 5 numberTGID.

Thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
On my BCT15 I need to know what system type to use when I want to program in Motorola Type IIi Hybrid?

I noticed that the talkgroups look like this:
DEC HEX Description Tag
1040 041 Announcement (ATG)
1072 043 Dispatch
1104 045 Tactical 1
1136 047 Tactical 2

Not the usual 5 numberTGID.

Thanks!
Is this the system you're trying to set up? Logan Int'l Airport?

That's a Type IIi Hybrid system, as you've noted. The only Type 1 talkgroups are grouped down at the bottom of the listings. Mostly maintenance, parking, bridge ops. One fire training in there. Everything else is a Type II talkgroup, which can be less than 5 digits. (See the Operations Announcements TGID that's 16?).

Unless you had your heart set on hearing the parking ops, I'd just program it as a Mot Type 2 system, and use the Decimal (DEC column) talkgroup ID's shown. I have a similar situation with the Dallas Local Govt. system. It's also a Type IIi Hybrid system, but most of the TGID's, certainly the ones that interest me, are Type 2 ID's, so I program the system as a Mot. Type 2.

If there is one or more of the Type I groups you want, like Fire Training, then you'd need to set it up as a Type 1, and enter the System Fleetmap shown in the database.

k1mri

Is this the system you're trying to set up? Logan Int'l Airport?

That's a Type IIi Hybrid system, as you've noted. The only Type 1 talkgroups are grouped down at the bottom of the listings. Mostly maintenance, parking, bridge ops. One fire training in there. Everything else is a Type II talkgroup, which can be less than 5 digits. (See the Operations Announcements TGID that's 16?).

Unless you had your heart set on hearing the parking ops, I'd just program it as a Mot Type 2 system, and use the Decimal (DEC column) talkgroup ID's shown. I have a similar situation with the Dallas Local Govt. system. It's also a Type IIi Hybrid system, but most of the TGID's, certainly the ones that interest me, are Type 2 ID's, so I program the system as a Mot. Type 2.

If there is one or more of the Type I groups you want, like Fire Training, then you'd need to set it up as a Type 1, and enter the System Fleetmap shown in the database.

Yes, Logan Int'l Airport. Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

jerk

Yes, Logan Int'l Airport. Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

Program it as a Type II Motorola
Then look at the Fleet Map information, and program that in and the system will track fine and give correct group id's.
Or you could leave it as a Type II system and it will work, but some of the Talk Group ID's will be off, only the ones that look like this in the database. 000-00

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.