question on Motorola XPR4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

himelrick

I just acquired a Motorola XPR4550 VHF 45 Watt Mobile that I would like to get programmed for the Ham Band and also program in the 155 bands to receive only ems/fire/police for my areas. Do any of You know someone here in the State that could program this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I cannot find anyone to program it ,I may try to trade it for either a 800 or HP Scanner. If this is not allowed in this section ,please let Me know . Thanks and 73

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
If there isn't a Ham out your way that can help it looks like you're not far from Staunton, Harrisionburg etc. in VA which have M dealers which should be able to program it for you. (Clear Communication) There is always Roanoke, Wytheville, Bluefield, etc. too

I'm afraid that while I have DMR I don't have M for my radio brand. If you do sell I might be interested. :)

PACNWDude

I'm on the wrong side of the country to help much. But if you find a radio shop or amateur with the correct software to program your radio. Make sure they have the "Entitlement ID" allowing them to program wide-band operation into your XPR4550. Motorola recently made CPS software changes that force the radio to 12.5kHz channel spacing. For amateur use, you will want the ability to use 25kHz also. Of course, this depends on local stations and repeater settings as well.

himelrick

If there isn't a Ham out your way that can help it looks like you're not far from Staunton, Harrisionburg etc. in VA which have M dealers which should be able to program it for you. (Clear Communication) There is always Roanoke, Wytheville, Bluefield, etc. too

I'm afraid that while I have DMR I don't have M for my radio brand. If you do sell I might be interested. :)

I sent You a pm. 73 Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.