Question on PBSO Secondary Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave7933

When a major call is being worked, they have all units not working the call switch to 10-92. I believe this used to be one of the Inquiry channels/frequencies, but I don't seem to pick anything up on them anymore. It could be a problem with my scanner/BC796D which has an issue with one other channel. I normally monitor District 4/6. Thanks in advance.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
PBSO changed a lot of their channel designations a little while back.
The main district talkgroup for Dists 4/6 is called "SR1A" on their display (South Road 1A) Uniden/26832, Hex/68D.
When they have car-to-car traffic they switch 10-91 for their district, which is "SR1B" Uniden/26320, Hex/66D.
When they go to their inquiry channel, 10-92, which for all "South Road" talkgroups is "SR-Inq-2", Uniden/27376, Hex/6AF

When they switch "units not involved" in a major event, it's sometimes to the "B" group and not always the Inquiry group...I guess it depends on how many dispatchers are available to staff consoles.

Check out Brian's South Florida Frequency guide for a lot more details. It's a great reference to have on hand.
THE SCANNER DUDE

\/ern

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
How about submitting these changes the the RR database for us snowbirds. Last time I went down they changed unit ID's from "Charlie" and "Foxtrot" to "4Aplha1"..."7Bravo2" etc.

Hey Vern...we could use a live audio feed host in Palm Beach County, I'd love to hear Districts 4, 6 and 7 from the cold Northeast.

Last edited by a moderator:

dave7933

Thanks Vern. Actually I think I figured out the main issue. Something strange has been going on with my BC796D. There are a few channels that only receive if I am on hold versus scanning. Not sure what caused this or how to fix it. Inquiry 2 is one of those channels. Not sure if it matters but it seems like it is channels that are the first in a sequence and have the Priority symbol.

fflores561

How about submitting these changes the the RR database for us snowbirds. Last time I went down they changed unit ID's from "Charlie" and "Foxtrot" to "4Aplha1"..."7Bravo2" etc.

Hey Vern...we could use a live audio feed host in Palm Beach County, I'd love to hear Districts 4, 6 and 7 from the cold Northeast.

Yeah,they changed that a while back.Heres a break down just in case u need it.

EXAMPLE-
13 Bravo 11
13= DISTRICT # BRAVO= NIGHT SHIFT (ALFA=Day Shift) 11-ZONE #

Hope this helps

tdichard

Thanks for the info...I understand the 10-91 (Bravo) TG's but I didnt know certain districts use a specific Inquirery TG (10-92). Could you please post which Districts uses Inquirery 1 and which ones use Inquirery 2. Also, what is Dist 5 (west) 10-92 channel? Thanks again!

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
While there are seperate 10-92 talk-groups, 99.9% of the time they are patched together.

Status
Not open for further replies.