Question on setting up online scanner feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mroneeyedboh

Im looking to set up my scanner so my family can listen to it at their own leisure. What all is needed to get it over the net. I know Im going to need to host it some how. Any and all help is appreciated.

By the way, I have a Grecom PSR-500. I have ARC500 software, but I dont think that has hosting capabilities.

gpgp00

I use K1PGV’s ScannerCast to do what you’re asking – mostly to my Android phone. Works well for steaming to clients both on my internal network and the Internet (if you open up a port on your firewall). You don’t have to register or send your audio stream anywhere – other computers simply establish a peer-to-peer connection to your hosting machine.

K1PGV's ScannerCast

NYRHKY94

In addition to K1PGV’s ScannerCast program, you can also accomplish what you are looking for with Radio Feed from Proscan. Both are excellent for providing private feeds to family members. You will need to set-up port forwarding on your router, as well as host an IceCast and/or Shoutcast server on your end....unless I'm mistaken.

NYRHKY94

zl2taw is correct. Forgot about the Web Server piece in Radio Feed. As long as you open a port on your end for the Radio Feed Web Server, your family members can get to your feed via a browser page.

Status
Not open for further replies.