TRX-1: Question on specific service using TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
I am considering another try at the TRX-1 only due to Whistlers intovatovative customer support and upgrades. However programming is a challenge

that being said I really only want to monitor our county FD P25 system 700 MHz system

A bit of overkill for simple monitoring but Whistler seems to be doing a better job that other scanner manufacturers at present. Any comments from TRX-1 users

Thanks forum members

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I don't own a TRX-1, but I do own a TRX-2 which is nearly identical as far as programming. In my opinion the EZScan software is no more difficult to learn and use than any other radio programming software. In fact it's easier than some, but they all require some amount of time and effort to learn. What you're describing, a single system with maybe one or two or three scan lists, wouldn't be that difficult to program once you're familiar with the software. The Marks Easier to read manual for the most recent Whistler handhelds includes some good instruction for EZScan. It's a good place to start:

Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual

My problem with EZScan is that it is too limited, too 'locked down'. Cutting and pasting and re-arranging objects so their order is exactly as you wish is often not possible. Importing custom data is cumbersome and time consuming. These might be the kinds of issues you're referring to, I don't know.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Thanks

I may try the TRX-1 . Other than its rubber protective case/sleeve it seems like a nice radio.

I know that is for protection of the somewhat delicate plastic case. Not sure what that plastic insert is for other than a stiffener.....as the case is not going to come off

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Download an play with the ez-scan software ahead of time. If you only want to monitor specific systems you will need to do a preferred library import and make sure you set a scanset for only the scanlists you want and disable scanset 1 if you dont just modify that.

trp2525

I may try the TRX-1 . Other than its rubber protective case/sleeve it seems like a nice radio.

I know that is for protection of the somewhat delicate plastic case. Not sure what that plastic insert is for other than a stiffener.....as the case is not going to come off

Instead of the Whistler rubber case/boot you could try this more conventional soft nylon case for $12.95 (plus shipping) which will fit the TRX-1 perfectly and also give you a clear plastic protector over the screen and keypad: PSR800/PRO18/WS1080 - GRE Nylon Case/Cut Out Back | Scanner Master

Status
Not open for further replies.