Question on TACTICAL feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I was listening to the NE states feeds yesterday with all the snow I figured I'd see what else is out there.

I stumbled across the NYPD Special Operations feed. I listened some (Good feed except they all speak funny :D)

Question is this, Why are some Tactical feeds (Such as Dallas Police Department Covert Division) not allowed while NYPD Special Ops is? Where is the exception drawn from?

This in no way questions single channel Simplex Narcotics/SWAT Entry or surveillance only feeds - that part i understand fully)

Thanks

auxscan

I was listening to the NE states feeds yesterday with all the snow I figured I'd see what else is out there.

I stumbled across the NYPD Special Operations feed. I listened some (Good feed except they all speak funny :D)

Question is this, Why are some Tactical feeds (Such as Dallas Police Department Covert Division) not allowed while NYPD Special Ops is? Where is the exception drawn from?

This in no way questions single channel Simplex Narcotics/SWAT Entry or surveillance only feeds - that part i understand fully)

Thanks

hey stop dissing new york...just kidding lol.

SOD is not a tac, warrent, or nacotic channel. nypd has tac channels for that which are low power, point to point channels. sod covers rescues, emotinaly distrubed people, barricades, haz-mats. once units arrive on the scene they switch over to the tac frequencies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
You can also Google NYPD ESU. They are dispatched from the SOD channel. SOD also announces all pursuits, most hot calls and Officer Assistance calls. It's fairly similar to Los Angeles Hot Shots/Air K9 channel and Chicago Police Citywide channels.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.