Question on the GSP freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafale01010

I am a bit confused on their setup. 154.68 is their dispatch and car-to-car but yet i dont ever hear both sides of the converstion when i pause it on that freq. Ive tried 154.80 but dont get much on their and still dont hear both sides. Any help appreciated, its warping my mind.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
You've got the correct frequencies. 154.680 is the dispatch channel and the cars answer back on 154.800. Unless you're within a reasonable distance of the cars, you may not hear their reply. Because the cars have much lower power and their transmissions carry a much shorter distance, that allows them to use the dispatch channel - 154.680 - as their car-to-car channel.You might try using an outside antenna which should allow you to hear more from both frequencies.

Julian1

GSP Freq

The same "split" rule holds true for "State Band" / Interagency Communications:

154.905 base to car and car to car - Known statewide as "Channel 4" or

154.935 is car to base and base to base

Good luck...

Take care!

rafale01010

Thanks for the info, but around where i live the 154.905 and 154.935 isn't used. When i do scan and i get something on those freqs, it normally gets hooked on one of them frequencies and i end up having to lockout those channels so i don't even program those in anymore due their nuisance.

around where I live I hear the car respond back to dispatch. Metrofire is correct that the patrol car is low power and thats why you don't hear them. The GSP bases have the antenna on 100' plus tower and thats how they hear a longer distance.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber

When I'm on the road, being able to hear 154.800 real well on my scanner is a sign to slow down immediately - because they are close by.

K4DHR

OK...this may show how out of date I am on things, but were they not using a SouthernLinc system at one time?? Has this system been scrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.