question on updating 996t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello for people scanning delaware mostlly ncc. i have the 996t i have never updated any new firmware to this. before i spend the 30 bucks for the usb-1 cable. i wanted to hear if the updates really make any diffrence. i will be scanning pretty much just ncc. wanted to hear from people who scan this if these updates will make any diffrence. im scanning all digital, just a few conv channels. is there any diffrence in sound, etc. just wanted to hear thoughts on this. im pretty much happy with the scanner know, just the ocasional motor boating, and digital noise other than that happy with it. so should i save the money or is it worth spending the money are the updates really worth it. thanks for all who respond

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I do believe the money would be well spent. Not a night and day difference but a perceivable one.
Motoboating is pretty much a thing of the past.

You will need to spend the money sometime in the next year anyway for rebanding support.

Dave

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And while we're on the subject of applying firmware updates, here's the wiki article on the 996T;

BCD996TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

It's important to note that a lot of people have screwed things up by trying to bypass or finagle with the steps. One word: Don't Do everything it tells you, and don't skip any steps unless you are told you can.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.