Question on Vincesnnes Freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I live in princeton (IN) and know that Knox Co. pokice are on trunk channels. I used to be able to get them but now nothing. Can anyone who may live in Gibson County,especially Princeton can get them or may have any Vincennes PD frequencies other than the trunk 800 or the old 154.875/155.790 listed in the database. Thanx for your help and replies.

spooney

Vincenness / Knox County is on the Safe-T network. I can hear them on the Princeton tower, Vincennes tower and the Petersburg tower. You will hear digital signals from other agencies, but if you don't have a digital scanner you can lockout the digital stuff because Knox is all analog.

powerlineman

I am hearing Knox Co Police on the Petersburg tower right now. I assume a deputy is in the Monroe City area. My safe-t portable always affliliates with Petersburg when traveling through Monroe. I occasioinally hear VPD and City Fire on Petersburg if a unit is affliated. Why a city unit would be affliated with Petersburg I don't know but it happens fairly often. They usually pop up on the assigned "tac" talkgroups usually because someone from Harrison Twp or Vinc Twp selcet that particular talkgroup. Harrison Twp, Vinc Twp typically affliate with Pburg.
I would say this is the case for Princeton. Maybe the deputies have not been in the souther part of Knox county lately?

Thanks guys, I have 2 TrunkTracker scanners,both RadioShacks, one is a desktop Pro 2050 (300 MHZ) and a handheld Pro 83. I did find the Indiana SAFE-T frequencies on this site, my question is what do the a,b,c mean at the end of some of the frequencies? I did add the princeton,vincennes,and even evansville one to my Pro 2050 and some were only buzz saw sounds, other ones only had short hissing before clicking off,no police,ems,or fire dispatching.speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.