Question on WE Energies Systems (Outage/Storm Related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Could someone provide a summary of what systems and/or frequencies WE Energies utilizes for normal operations, and/or major outage/storm related operations?

Helping a friend of mine program a scanner for the Tosa/Brookfield area - he's a WE Energies customer.

I see UHF and 900Mhz listed.

Thanks in advance.

wirr

Database Admin
VHF for gas operations.
UHF for electric operations.
900 for power plants.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
VHF is still used extensively for WE Energies Gas operations, UHF is used for electric crews and there is still some analog traffic but most of it is transitioning over to DMR (Digital) and 900 MHz is used at power plants and is on DMR but in order to listen to DMR you need the newest scanners or use a computer program called DSD plus, I have most of the VHF and UHF we energies frequencies in my older BCD996XT scanner and I am hearing some DMR data on the UHF frequencies

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Right, I live in Franklin and routinely monitor:

153.440 (Repeater) DCS624 Gas Operations (seems to be Northern Milwaukee County)
153.500 (Repeater) DCS627 Gas Operations (seems to be Southern Milwaukee County)
451.525 (Repeater) DCS245 Electric Operations (Milwaukee County, I haven't heard any DMR yet)
The Oak Creek Power Plant on the 900MHz system (WE Energies (900) Trunking System, Milwaukee, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies)

Status
Not open for further replies.