Question on what software to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Hi
I just received in mail my Uniden BCD536HP I need to know what software to use to program it? When I had my BCD996XT I used FreeScan software and I loved that thing. Is there something like that for this new radio that I have and if so post me the link. Please and thank you sooo much.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi
I just received in mail my Uniden BCD536HP I need to know what software to use to program it? When I had my BCD996XT I used FreeScan software and I loved that thing. Is there something like that for this new radio that I have and if so post me the link. Please and thank you sooo much.
You will need the Sentinel software, even if you also use one of the other programs that are available. You need Sentinel to do the database updates, and also to apply any firmware updates that are posted. See this page.
You can program the scanner with Sentinel, no other software needed. There is no charge to use Sentinel.

While Sentinel can handle programming, along with database and firmware updates. some people want software with more features, including a program to log activity and record selected channels or talkgroups. There are two choices:
ProScan
and
ARC536 (from Butel)
This is the link for Butel's page:
You can find ARC536 there.

ARC536 comes in two versions. Basic, $39.95, is just for programming. The "Pro" version, $69.95, adds virtual control (control the scanner with your PC), recording, and logging. See Butel's website for additional details. ARC536 works on the 436HP, 536HP, SDS100, and SDS200.

ProScan, $50.00, handles programming, logging, recording, virtual control, and more. There is no extra charge for more features. In addition to the BCDx36HP scanners, and the SDS series, ProScan also can be used with many other Uniden scanners, from the BC780XLT & BC250D, to the 325P2 and 996P2. I prefer ProScan because it covers so many more units than the ARC software, plus it's cheaper than Butel's "Pro" version. You can download ProScan for a 30 day, full feature, free trial. ProScan's author is very active on the forums, and answers query's on a regular basis.

dlaforett

Premium Subscriber
you have to use bcdx436 sentinel its a free download uniden website ..www.support uniden.com/ downloads or here on radio reference software section

JimBobTerp

@baj76 can u post some screenshots on how to make a Trunking system and then for conventional Systems with this software ur telling me to use. Please and thank you

JimBobTerp

Also can u make each bank a color so when it stops on like say police will be Blue and Fire will be Red and so can u do that with this software or no

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Also can u make each bank a color so when it stops on like say police will be Blue and Fire will be Red and so can u do that with this software or no
The 536HP does not have 'banks' in the same sense as older scanners before DMA and Object Oriented programming came into you. While you cannot set an entire Favorites List, System, or Department to default to a specific alert color, that can be done on a channel by channel basis, as well as for talkgroup ID's. In Sentinel, use the Favorites editor to modify your list. You can set the alert light color, as well as assign an alert tone if desired, to as many of your channels you like. Which of the seven available colors you is is up to you. I use Red for Fire, Yellow for EMS, and Cyan for local Law Enforcement. If you have a number of channels to set to the same color settings, you can set the first one, then copy that setting to the clipboard. Then, select the rest of the group you want to use the same color. With that string of channels selected (highlighted), paste the setting for the first one to change all the rest at the same time.

Jasonb2909

hey all, is there any way to read the fav list/database on the 436 with proscan? I like the usability of proscan for all my other scanners i use it, really want to keep using it.

When i read scanner it is just blank on the fav editor.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
hey all, is there any way to read the fav list/database on the 436 with proscan? I like the usability of proscan for all my other scanners i use it, really want to keep using it.

Is the scanner in Mass Storage mode? When the "Scanner Read" menu item was clicked, Did you get a dialog pop up showing the scanner. If so, did you select the scanner then clicked the OK button?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Is the scanner in Mass Storage mode? When the "Scanner Read" menu item was clicked, Did you get a dialog pop up showing the scanner. If so, did you select the scanner then clicked the OK button?

Status
Not open for further replies.