Question PCR-1500 / 2500 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokoshibu

1. How is it?

2. How is it with the ut-122 ?

3. Will it scan a p25 system?

4. Can you run soundcard decodeing stuff with it IE: ACARSD or POCSAGE or something of the sort that uses the soundcard to process the analog audio?

for 2500 owners

5. Will it record 2 different sessions if both radios are scanning? or does it send each recievers audio to one session? IE 2 sound files vs 1 for both

Thank you all in advance!

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Yokoshibu
Obviously, these are my personal opinions:
1. How is it- I love my PCR2500. I purchased one of the first 1500 when they came out. Liked it so much, I purchased two 2500. However, I absolutely love mine.

2. How is it with the ut-122 - The UT122 will only work in certain country versions i.e. Canada, US. Will not work with the Japanese version. The decode is as good or better than my Uniden 396 and my Pro-96.

3. Will it scan a p25 system - Yes, conventional. The author of TrunkPCR is working on a version of the 2500 to track trunk systems. I currently use the latest version of TrunkPCR to trunk non-P25 systems such as SF police, ALCO, Oakland, and Santa Clara BART.
I also monitor San Mateo P25 system conventionally, but the system is not very busy and it trunks like my Uniden 396.

4. Can you run soundcard decoding stuff with it IE: ACARSD or POCSAGE or something of the sort that uses the soundcard to process the analog audio - Do not know have not tried.

5. Will it record 2 different sessions if both radios are scanning? Or does it send each receivers audio to one session? IE 2 sound files vs. 1 for both - Have not tried.

All in all, I really like my 2500. Hope this helps.

vince48

r00t

1. I have R2500 and I like it. On HF, performance is bad, I have AM radio interference on 14Mhz bands, etc.. But on 50Mhz+ bands, it works very well. I had Winradio 1500 before and R2500 is much better. Only thing I REALLY miss is 10.7Mhz IF out, like on AOR 8600.

4. It have separate outputs from both RXs discriminators... BUT there are strong lowpass filtering on them, so 9600Bd is real maximum modulation speed, but I have problems with decoding 4800Bd data. POCSAG decoding works, but ERMES doesn't. I want to make some mod to remove these filters, 50kHz FM is quite wide even for fast data. ACARS use AM mode, there is no problem with it.

5. You can set in SW if you want separate RX in left and right audio channels or to mix them together. Recording function is included in SW, but you can use any standard recording sw. A/D in PCR2500 is running at 44100Hz/16bit/stereo. Discriminator outputs are independent and works only in FM mode.

r00t

Yokoshibu

Vince U rock thanks!

r00t... kinda like w00t .... question, #5 only works in fm ? so no ssb or am? bummer!

Thank you both!

r00t

No, discriminator outputs (special connectors at back) works only in FM mode. Integrated soundcard works in all modes, as well as recording.

r00t

Status
Not open for further replies.