Question re: Larsen Pulse SLPT698/2170NMOHF Antenna Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I (mistakenly) purchased this antenna and it has a NMO mount but an atypical connector at the base of the antenna. This is the antenna: larsen pulse slpt698/2170nmohf - Google Search

I am curious if anyone has found an adaptor to take a standard mobile NMO mount antenna so that this antenna can connect. I was expecting a single center pin as a connector but it doesn't. I don't see that there is an adaptor out there, and don't really want to switch out the NMO hole mount antenna in my roof.

Any ideas?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'll add….
If you purchased an NMOHF mount, you simply need to pull the center button out and the coaxial connection for that antenna is underneath. If you did a standard NMO mount, you'll need to replace it. For those frequencies, you probably want to use some decent coax anyway, not a good place for RG-58 unless your run is really short. They make mounts with Dual Shield RG-58, which performs a bit better on higher frequencies. There are also mounts with LMR-195 and I think I've seen some with LMR-200. It's a bit stiff, but it might perform well enough to be worth it.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I'll add….
If you purchased an NMOHF mount, you simply need to pull the center button out and the coaxial connection for that antenna is underneath. If you did a standard NMO mount, you'll need to replace it. For those frequencies, you probably want to use some decent coax anyway, not a good place for RG-58 unless your run is really short. They make mounts with Dual Shield RG-58, which performs a bit better on higher frequencies. There are also mounts with LMR-195 and I think I've seen some with LMR-200. It's a bit stiff, but it might perform well enough to be worth it.
Thank you. It was a purchase to increase listening ability on a 700/800 Mhz system. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Ill just find a standard antenna and see if that does the trick... thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.