Question Re: LCN Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASFlies

Why doesn't the LCN finder use a scrollable list of systems to select, rather than having to enter the system name manually? I find this very cumbersome, if any formatting isn't exactly correct, obviously it doesn't work.

Does anyone else find this annoying?

Dave

AlphaFive

formatting

You should be able to simply use the first two or three letters of your target system and it will pick it up. Also, if several of your systems start with ' Phi ' for example, it will produce a list of all that start with PHI. Not perfect, but not bad either

DASFlies

Thanks for the help, I'm actually not able to get it to work at all now. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I gave the system/favorites list a very simple name but it's not coming up.

EDIT: Realized that was because I programmed the system as conventional, and not Connect Plus. Reprogrammed and its working now!

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Instead of entering the name you can tap the volume button once on this screen and all the active systems will appear in the list and you can scroll through the list (Note: only active/enabled systems/sites will appear in the list)

AlphaFive

quick key

This was the most common thing I did, that would drive me crazy... You need to go into Manage Quick key Status -- then into System Quick Key -- then into the Favorites list on the there, it will take you to your systems to turn on and off. Click the system you want on. For some reason occasionally you cant use the tool bar on top when your scanning..or attempting to use the L.C.N. finder, I don't know enough to understand exactly why. I believe programming a new system has something to do with it, If you follow that route, it will work.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Instead of entering the name you can tap the volume button once on this screen and all the active systems will appear in the list and you can scroll through the list (Note: only active/enabled systems/sites will appear in the list)

Also the E key does the same.

There are several shortcuts that enable you to select a system faster. I don't see a model listed but I assume you mean the 436 or 536. On the HP series, you can shortcut the sites by tapping the actual selected sites. And on discovery mode you dont have to scroll to the system in full database mode, you just have it to have it on the full database and then you can go straight to your discovery mode sites.

Unfortunately we learn most of these by learning, but here you go.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I wish I knew this an hour ago! :roll:

I have different question when using the LTR systems. I'm running LCN finder on an 11 frequency LTR system. Analyze is looking through the system now and has found 8 of the 11. Assuming it will find all 11, what happens then? Is the system updated automatically or does the scanner display the frequency/LCN information at the end of the search?

Thanks.

Gary

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
LCN Finder

If lcn finder gets all 11 frequencies it will stop & alert you. It will then ask if want to save the changes to the system. If you stop it prematurely it will ask if you want to save what was found (if there were any found).

You must select the save option. Then you can view the changes to the system by drilling down to it in the menu. But I find it easier (when possible) to just download the system to sentinel/arc536 to view the changes.

Hopefully that is helpful!! :)

garys

Premium Subscriber
That was very helpful, thank you. I think that only 8 of the frequencies are active. At least it seems so. One last question. How do I stop LCN finder?

It would sure help if there was some documentation on this stuff.

If lcn finder gets all 11 frequencies it will stop & alert you. It will then ask if want to save the changes to the system. If you stop it prematurely it will ask if you want to save what was found (if there were any found).

You must select the save option. Then you can view the changes to the system by drilling down to it in the menu. But I find it easier (when possible) to just download the system to sentinel/arc536 to view the changes.

Hopefully that is helpful!! :)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I think you press [F] + System to stop it. Then it will prompt to save the findings..

garys

Premium Subscriber
I sort of figured it out. As you note in your post, it's easier to read the scanner and then see what it found. [F] + System starts scanning again. Drilling down in the menu system will eventually get the information, but it's not intuitive.

I think you press [F] + System to stop it. Then it will prompt to save the findings..

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Yep,

[F] + System will resume scanning, but not until you save or discard the LCN Finder results (If there were any) If it didn't find any it will just start scanning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.