Question re Locking Out TGIDs 246T/330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanman6

Hi All, Is there a way to enter TGIDs into the lockout memory directly? other than waiting for an unwanted ID to display and hitting L/O or programming them and locking them out as channels/banks.

Awhile ago i got the "Full" message on my BR330T and my BC246T and i guessed that i'd entered too many TGIDs for the system. Up to this point i'd been entering unwanted TGIDs into a bank and locking them out. I had still about 75% free memory in the scanner so copied systems and made each system work like a bank to get more headroom and to make it easier for me to select agencies and not have to worry about the F+number key selection I figured that i could just lock the unwanted ids out manually as i heard them and that's what i've been doing. It's a bit of a pain and i have to deselect the wanted banks and wait for the other channels to key up and lock em out.

So Is there a way to access the memory location where those TGIDs are stored? Or maybe there's a better way to get around the TGID limitation? Save getting a new scanner. I'd love to get the 346t and 396xt, but it's not in the cards just now. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I know the BR330T has a 200 limit on L/O. Not much more you can do without giving something up.

Scanman6

Thanks DaveIN for the reply and the help, I've already locked out more than twice that amount through the way i've been doing it. I can review the locked out ID's and correct mistakes by going to ProgramSystem>Selected System>Edit Sys Opt>Rev ID: Search L/O. It appears that there may not be a limitation and that this function accesses the entire scanner memory. I'd just like to be able to program ID's directly without having to lock on to them and lock them out. I should have stated that I use the scanners in search mode and have a agency bank selected per system. when i want to clean that system, I deselect the bank, search and l/o ids that don't belong. After a time i reselect the bank and resume search scanning.

Thanks again for your help. I've seen your many post and know you are wise and helpful.

mdickerson17

Don't know if this will help but if you set your scanner to ID SCAN instead of search you won't have to worry about unwanted id's...... it will only scan the tgid's you enter instead of searching for others!

Status
Not open for further replies.