question regard minitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnnm1062

longtime member
If I were to purchase a used Minitor fire pager would it be able to be programmed to decode DTMF, DCS, or 1000 Hz tone functions? I dont know much about programming radios, but wanted know if this was possible. Also would it be able to be programmed to recieve from a ham radio frequency in VHF Hight? THanks

rcvmo

It all depends on which minitor you purchase.

I just pitched a bunch of Minitor 1's, saved the 2's, and dont have anything beyond that.
2's , you'd have to change crystals, re-tune,-re-reed. Lots of work.

Not sure about the 3's on up, although I've heard they are programmable with tones as well.
rcvmo

N9JIG

Sheriff
RHFD910 said:
If I were to purchase a used Minitor fire pager would it be able to be programmed to decode DTMF, DCS, or 1000 Hz tone functions? I dont know much about programming radios, but wanted know if this was possible. Also would it be able to be programmed to recieve from a ham radio frequency in VHF Hight? THanks

There are some Minitor models that had PL, I haven't seen one that has DPL (But that doesn't mean there wasn or isn't one)

I have never seen one that decodes DTMF, but again, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

As for the 1000 Hz., programmable Minitors should accept that as a valid tone. You may have to experiment how long the tone needs to be to open the receiver, usually 4 seconds or so is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.