Question Regarding MCFR Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am curious about what the fire station-specific freqs are used for. For example MCFR 7B5E ( Station 13 MCFR ).
I'm wondering what they use this channel for.

The second sort of add on question to this is what do they use the MCFR 7B5O ( 7B5O Battalion 5 Announcement ) Channel for?

Thanks in advanced,

Bradley

Mr_Boh

They are for the stations to use them whatever they need them for (such as training). The announcement is an announcement TG for all stations in that Battalion - so for example talking on 7B5O will have make your voice heard on all station talkgroups for the 5th Battalion firehouses.

In general, I think you will find they are pretty dead activity-wise.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
They are also using MD Rins 3 as well both for training and while on calls. I hear truck and engine 725 use Rins 3 in simplex while at a call and they use it as a TlkRnd function

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Everytime it seems that 25,40 or 18 are on a call I can hear some of them use MD RINS 3D. FYI Howard County are using MD RINS 5 and 6 Direct as well. Have not heard any PG Units use the MD RINS but then I am to far away I think to hear them use any of them unless I am in PG County.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
RINS channels can be used as the input for VRS systems, but I think DFRS uses 700 for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.