Question regarding NAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Are NAC's always three digits or characters ? Earlier today while searching, my radio locked onto a new frequency 165.9500 (at least new to me). Transmissions were encrypted but the NAC was constantly displaying the number 1, not 001.

Any assistance appreciated

kma371

QRT
1 or 001 are the same

Can also be combination of letters and numbers.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
1 or 001 are the same

Can also be combination of letters and numbers.

Thanks, I'm familiar with the combinations, just wasn't sure about single digit vs triple digit.

I just upgraded from a 996T to a 996XT couple new features I'm learning

ecps92

Yes a NAC is ALWAYS 3 Characters.

However, depending on the programmer if it thinks it's a numeric field the leading Zeros get Dropped. If it's programmed as an Alpa-Numeric field the leading Zeros will not get dropped.

GRE's show 001 where-as Unidens show 1

PS 165.9500 would probably be IRS-CID Repeater
with 167.0000 being the input

Are NAC's always three digits or characters ? Earlier today while searching, my radio locked onto a new frequency 165.9500 (at least new to me). Transmissions were encrypted but the NAC was constantly displaying the number 1, not 001.

Any assistance appreciated

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I'm familiar with the combinations, just wasn't sure about single digit vs triple digit.

I just upgraded from a 996T to a 996XT couple new features I'm learning

All of the GRE radios I have will always show three digits on the NAC, but the Uniden radios will drop any leading zeros.It was a bit confusing for me as well when I first got my 396XT...

- Chris

oft

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if my question should be in this forum or in the "Scanner Programming Software" in reference to using freescan. How does one use freescan to program the fed frequencies and also specify the NAC when you program the scanner?

oft

Premium Subscriber
kma371:

I see it now, when you create a new system, you have to select the "Conventional option" and then uncheck the "simple view" to see it.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.