Question Regarding WWCR Broadcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niagaraeye

I've noticed this before and have been puzzled by it. This afternoon, WWCR in Nashville, appears to be simultaneously broadcasting exactly the same content on both 9980 KHZ and 9990 KHZ. The references available to me indicate that 9980 KHZ is the frequency that the station can be expected to be found on at this time. Is the signal (although somewhat weaker but still very readable) on 9990 KHZ intentional, or is it some sort of unintentional "artifact"? If it is intentional; why would a broadcaster devote resources to transmitting the same content on frequencies located so close together?

Niagaraeye

Thanks Mike. The "mystery" deepens. I noticed that at 20:00 UTC the WWCR signal on 9980 KHZ abruptly stopped; while the one on 9990 KHZ continued, although it dropped from a circa S9 to an S7 strength and was subject to a much more intermittent fading. This is in a context where I can't find a reference to indicate that WWCR should be on 9990 KHZ at all.

w2xq

Mentor
Was it Brother Scare, err, Stair, you were listening to? WTWW WTWW - Home uses 9990; see their frequency schedule. I recall that Stair simulcasts. He's everywhere... like...

Signal changes probably due to changing time daylight effects on the E- and F-layer ionization. Both CR and WW have rhombics aiming toward Eu and nAf. Hth.

Last edited:

Niagaraeye

I think you're absolutely right trsundstrom. As a matter of fact, "The Last Day Prophet" (who; as an aside sounds like he's getting back into the real estate business) was on both and the WTWW schedule matches WWCR. The simulcast suggestion was supported by a very slight delay I noticed between the two frequencies. Good call and thanks, Newbie"mystery" solved I believe.

w2xq

Mentor
I have it on 9990 at s-9+30.....its suppose to be on 9980 according to schedule

The antenna of WTWW is aimed directly at us, as I said above. And 9990 is the assigned frequency. Don't confuse WTWW with WWCR. Propagation mechanics dictate the use of like bands for the targeted audiences.

Niagara, glad to help. In the interest of full disclosure I was the WWCR webbie at the time the current WTWW general manager built and managed WWCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.