Question to newer owners of 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
This question is for newer owners of the Uniden 536, as in recently purchased from a store or online.

Does the box still reference the Siren App on the side of the box? If so, does it mention that it is 'coming soon' or any updated wording on 'all features may not be available at purchase" ?

Moderators feel free to lock this thread once someone who has purchased a new 536 in the last few weeks responds.

durangoGreg

I saw a newly received BCD536HP at ham radio outlet in Denver the other day.

Packaging is identical to first units, no change.

I still believe Uniden is confident that they can overcome the problems and will deliver a working product soon.

Hulca

False advertising is quite embarrassing on Uniden s part.

Also, the launch of the 436/536 must have been flawless. Only 1 firmware update so far. Unbelievable.

Next time Uniden launches another product, I may wait 1 year before considering it.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's only false advertising if they never intend to release a product or feature.

People really should be careful what they say, it might border on business libel.

False advertising is quite embarrassing on Uniden s part.

Also, the launch of the 436/536 must have been flawless. Only 1 firmware update so far. Unbelievable.

Next time Uniden launches another product, I may wait 1 year before considering it.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
It's only false advertising if they never intend to release a product or feature.

People really should be careful what they say, it might border on business libel.

Actually, false advertising is exactly what is on the box. Nowhere in false advertising does it say you can advertise it and make it appear it is in there but actually mean you intend to actually provide it at some later date. And I hardly think Uniden is going to sue anyone for libel over the siren app. Hi Pot, meet Kettle.

I asked this question because I intend on asking Uniden for a full refund on my 536. The app is main reason I purchased it.

Mod's please lock and close this thread as my question has been answered.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
More likely to win the lottery than to get a refund

Surely they will give a refund when something listed on the box advertisement is not provided. According to the Lanham Act, this clearly meets the criteria for false advertisement in my opinion. Obviously the Federal Trade Commision and any Judge or Jury would make the ultimate decision if it went that far. Research the Lanham Act, the Federal Trade Commission, federal law on False Advertisement and your local state laws before you file anything.

Surely to goodness it will not go that far as they know they did not have a disclaimer on the box stating "not yet available". After purchase, it was on their website until the middle of June that it was available Quarter 1 2014 but the boxes still have not been updated to notify customers there is an issue with it still 6 months after release.

All I want is for them to take my useless 536 sitting on my desk that was supposed to be able to connect to the Siren App to use it for the main reason I bought it.

I just want my money back. If they would have made clear the dongle issues within the first 30 days, I could have got my money back. They knew them then and did not put it out until months later.

According to two lawyers who are friends and would be happy to file on my behalf, this would be much easier to win than the lottery.

JoeyC

You keep us informed how that "lawsuit" pans out... Maybe next time you have the urge to buy a $600 piece of equipment you'll make sure that all the parts required are intact. (Afterall you have been a member of this site since 2009 and it was well known way in advance of release that certain features would be added in the future had you been paying attention.) In the meantime, learn how to use that "useless" $600 door stop. You might find it actually works as a scanner! Imagine that. I wonder why Uniden is having such a difficult time keeping these units on the shelves, afterall, they are pretty much useless as is. I guess expensive doorstops/paperweights are the wave of the future. :roll:

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
You keep us informed how that "lawsuit" pans out... Maybe next time you have the urge to buy a $600 piece of equipment you'll make sure that all the parts required are intact. (Afterall you have been a member of this site since 2009 and it was well known way in advance of release that certain features would be added in the future had you been paying attention.) In the meantime, learn how to use that "useless" $600 door stop. You might find it actually works as a scanner! Imagine that. I wonder why Uniden is having such a difficult time keeping these units on the shelves, afterall, they are pretty much useless as is. I guess expensive doorstops/paperweights are the wave of the future. :roll:
"You gota love it!"

I know some people are disappointed that the siren app is not working, but I believe Uniden is working on it.

Myself, I couldn't be more happy with mine, as a matter of fact I bought two!

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber

Perhaps you can read before you write. As I said, it is useless for what I bought it for. That's clearly written. Yes it works as a scanner. The box clearly states the siren app is included. It doesn't say "coming some day, some year". And yes I was paying attention when it said quarter 1.... We are in quarter 3. You can continue to be a fanboy, however I will not. I also never said they were having trouble selling them either. I am referring to whah I purchased it for. Read before you post your fanboy response and you won't look so misinformed.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
To be honest, I could give a rat's behind about the siren app. I bought the radio for P25 Phase 2. I assumed the extra hundred bucks was for the Phase 2.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

Yeah, IF anyone actually follows thru on their "threat" to file a lawsuit, hopefully they will make a PDF of the court documents and post it here so we can see all the details of the lawsuit. All these people threatening lawsuits need to put up or shut up.

bberns22

Yeah, IF anyone actually follows thru on their "threat" to file a lawsuit, hopefully they will make a PDF of the court documents and post it here so we can see all the details of the lawsuit. All these people threatening lawsuits need to put up or shut up.

I second that motion!

garys

Premium Subscriber
LOL! We really need a "like" button on this forum. :D

bama9999

To be honest, I could give a rat's behind about the siren app. I bought the radio for P25 Phase 2. I assumed the extra hundred bucks was for the Phase 2.

I bought mine because of the phase 2 as well. As far as the extra hundred being for phase 2, that couldn't be the reason, because the 436, which is the radio that is a hundred less, also has phase 2 ability.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mod's please lock and close this thread as my question has been answered.
Next time report the thread by clicking the warning triangle at the upper right of the post. We don't read every thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.