Question:Wayne Twp. Fire Marion County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

IFD Dispatch has been dispatching Squad 88, Ladder 88 and Medic 89 for a short time. I have seen Medic 89 which is a IDEMS Medic assigned to coverage as a ALS unit for Wayne Twp. After checking Indiana Fire trucks web site I see that these are reserve rigs for Wayne. Does anyone know where these rigs are located in the township? Would Squad 88, Ladder 88, and Medic 89 be stationed at Station 8? Is there a new fire station in Wayne Twp?Can anyone answer this question? Thank You.

W9NES

jknight8005, After talking with the Speedway Fire Chief he told me that the reason why they changed truck numbers was that the City of Speedway has a new MDT system and the old Engine 201 would not work in the MDT. In order to avoid confusion I would have thought they would have gone to another unit numbering system to avoid confusion with Wayne Twp. Wayne Twp does have reserve rigs that do have that same number that are 88 and 89. If this is the case Medic 201 is now Medic 89.

jknight8005

Premium Subscriber
Tim, Your right Medic 201 is no more. The Wayne Twp reserves are 86's but I know in the past when they used a reserve they used their regular apparatus number. Probably will not be long before Beech Grove, Pike Twp and the Airport switch over to 2 digit unit numbers also.

Status
Not open for further replies.