Question: XT line CC logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,

I'm not near any trunk systems right now, so I can't test this out - hence I'm asking you if it'll work.

On the XT scanners, with the CC Logging option enabled scanner-wide, will any frequency that receives a valid control channel (that the scanner can detect) start passing data thru to the computer, or does it have to be inside a properly set-up trunk system in the scanner?

Reason I ask is I had two ideas I was curious about: One, if I could load all my preferred control channels into a conventional system for ease of use, so I don't have to do anything but turn on (for example) quick key 99 and have my trunk CCs available for Unitrunker. Two, if I am in frequency search mode and come across a CC, if it would pass the data to the computer (and UT) without me having to create a trunk system of the right type, adding the freq manually, and etc.

Thanks in advance!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey brother hope all is well...
A CC has to be stored into memory in a system and be holding on said CC before you can start to receive the data stream CC output...at least that has been my experience over the XT's lifetime :)
Hope this helps you out!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Hi all,

I'm not near any trunk systems right now, so I can't test this out - hence I'm asking you if it'll work.

On the XT scanners, with the CC Logging option enabled scanner-wide, will any frequency that receives a valid control channel (that the scanner can detect) start passing data thru to the computer, or does it have to be inside a properly set-up trunk system in the scanner?

Reason I ask is I had two ideas I was curious about: One, if I could load all my preferred control channels into a conventional system for ease of use, so I don't have to do anything but turn on (for example) quick key 99 and have my trunk CCs available for Unitrunker. Two, if I am in frequency search mode and come across a CC, if it would pass the data to the computer (and UT) without me having to create a trunk system of the right type, adding the freq manually, and etc.

Thanks in advance!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Just to add: If it helps out any I can have either of my XT's holding on one CC stored into memory and have it output data to Trunk88 or Pro96Com then while still in holding mode switch to another system CC and have Trunk88/Pro96Com pick up the data stream from the different system.....
Marshall KE4ZNR

kayleesdad

Yep, that's what I've found using unitrunker now that it picks up cc info from XTs, gotta store it to a system. Unitrunker is pretty awesome! Other scanners will pick up the cc data on the fly in search mode and feed it to unitrunker so you can see what's happening on a system as you encounter it (Motorola, LTR, Edacs and others). That would be a great improvement for XT, send cc data on the fly so you can figure out what's around you quickly. Might I add, "Oh, Lordy, Lordy who art in heaven, I will always do good if I can only have constant cc feed in search mode on my XT."

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Yes, unfortunately it will not work in the HOLD, frequency, HOLD mode, or in CC only custom search, only in the HOLD mode on a programmed system where you see the control channel DAT information.

Status
Not open for further replies.