Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Hello All!

This was my first time through Maryland in a long time. Nice State, though I do not think I would like to live so close to all the hoop-la of the Nations Capitol.

My question is as I was traveling down Hwy 222 from Lancaster Co., PA. I noticed that when I had my Pro-97 programmed for the regular licensed fire/ems/rescue frequencies.

The scanner started to lock up on the following frequencies. 154.325, 154.340, 154.400 as I stopped to listen I noticed that these particular channels had what sounded like burst of data. As I got closer to the Baltimore area then all the channels seemed to be locking in on some sort of data. I finally got tried of trying to monitor I just turned the scanner off till I got past DC area.

I got to wandering if this was my scanner acting up or if these frequencies were actually transmitting data.

Thanks for any help

David

KI4GBJ

North Carolina

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
David,

It sounds as if you were receiving the vhf channels of Cecil Counties Trunked Radio System, or the bleed over of the system on your scanner. Just a hunch but im pretty sure that what it may have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.