Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerowner

Question about Andrew County

I was tuning in to Andrew County's EMS dispatch today, and I see in the database that they use Mototrbo for their frequencies. I see in the database they use 151.4675 and 151.3775 as two separate channels. I also found out that they are also using analog more so, with a DCS of 051. To my surprise I found out they seem to be simulcasting radio traffic on both frequencies. On 151.4675 I hear an echoing sound whereas 151.3775 sounds perfectly clear. Can anyone help explain why this is???

I'm using a BCD996T with the most recent firmware.

Last edited:

rabidmoose57

Just a guess.

Perhaps the problem is calls are being dispatched from 2 locations. One being the SO. and the other being the ambulance barn ? It may be a problem of acoustics, but I'm not sure either. I have heard the echo you speak of and it is odd.

scannerowner

It is very odd, the other frequency is perfectly clear while they are saying the same thing as they are on the "echoing" channel.

mjthomas59

I'm not familiar with this particular system but I would atleast offer a guess for you guys.

Is it possible that one of the frequencies you are hearing direct from their main dispatch tower to your scanner. While the other frequency is actually going through a repeater and might be transmitted through multiple towers?

Again i'm not sure, but in my experience the echo is usually associated with something being put through a repeater or through a system that will broadcast through multiple towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.