• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
1,397
Along time ago, I heard that Greenwood Village might take over dispatch for Cherry hills PD from Arapahoe county. I was just wondering if anyone had heard what happend to that idea? I don't think it ever went though, but I am still curious.
 

jimmnn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
14,327
Location
Colorado
cstockmyer said:
Along time ago, I heard that Greenwood Village might take over dispatch for Cherry hills PD from Arapahoe county. I was just wondering if anyone had heard what happend to that idea? I don't think it ever went though, but I am still curious.
I have a meeting there today so will ask, but don't believe they have switched. Also along the same lines, appears Parker FD is getting closer and closer to switching to Metcom, and Cunningham possibly to Aurora?

Jim<
 

Troop

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
597
they havent switched...still hear the 300's and Cruisers on Arapahoe county
 

cstockmyer

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
1,397
Troop said:
they havent switched...still hear the 300's and Cruisers on Arapahoe county
Wow they must of changed call signs too. Way back when I was an explorer cherry hills units where 400's.

Like I said it was along long time ago, and it also could just of been a rumor.
 

Troop

Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
597
cstockmyer said:
Wow they must of changed call signs too. Way back when I was an explorer cherry hills units where 400's.

Like I said it was along long time ago, and it also could just of been a rumor.
they've been in the 300's for a long time, at least as far back as the early 90's when I was an explorer...The cruiser units are Cherry Hills supervisors. The 400's are Columbine Valley and Bow Mar PD
 

cstockmyer

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
1,397
Your probably right, I just for some reasion remember them being 400 units. I know they have a ton of reserve officers if I can remember right, maybe they go under the 400 call signs?

I remember riding with a Cherry Hills officer way back when. He was all geeked about getting an MP5 in his car to replace the crowd pleaser. It was along time ago back when having a trunked system was high tech.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top