Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Along time ago, I heard that Greenwood Village might take over dispatch for Cherry hills PD from Arapahoe county. I was just wondering if anyone had heard what happend to that idea? I don't think it ever went though, but I am still curious.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
Along time ago, I heard that Greenwood Village might take over dispatch for Cherry hills PD from Arapahoe county. I was just wondering if anyone had heard what happend to that idea? I don't think it ever went though, but I am still curious.

I have a meeting there today so will ask, but don't believe they have switched. Also along the same lines, appears Parker FD is getting closer and closer to switching to Metcom, and Cunningham possibly to Aurora?

Jim<

Troop

they havent switched...still hear the 300's and Cruisers on Arapahoe county

cstockmyer

Troop said:
they havent switched...still hear the 300's and Cruisers on Arapahoe county

Wow they must of changed call signs too. Way back when I was an explorer cherry hills units where 400's.

Like I said it was along long time ago, and it also could just of been a rumor.

Troop

cstockmyer said:
Wow they must of changed call signs too. Way back when I was an explorer cherry hills units where 400's.

Like I said it was along long time ago, and it also could just of been a rumor.

they've been in the 300's for a long time, at least as far back as the early 90's when I was an explorer...The cruiser units are Cherry Hills supervisors. The 400's are Columbine Valley and Bow Mar PD

cstockmyer

Your probably right, I just for some reasion remember them being 400 units. I know they have a ton of reserve officers if I can remember right, maybe they go under the 400 call signs?

I remember riding with a Cherry Hills officer way back when. He was all geeked about getting an MP5 in his car to replace the crowd pleaser. It was along time ago back when having a trunked system was high tech.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.