Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing Ham chatter on my new Icom F121, it came pre programmed so I dont know the freq, it was extremely clear. The best I could tell they were up around Raleigh form the directions one was giving the other.....any clue on the freqs????

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Seeing as how you can sometimes hear repeaters for over 100 miles, it's hard to say which one it is just by how "clear" it's coming in.

Sooner or later they might mention a clue, like "the 88 machine" That would be 146.88, which if I remember correctly, is one of the large coverage area machines in that area.

If you know a ham, you can have him transmit his callsign while using a freq counter (or he could just ask someone on it :D )

K0ATC

All repeaters ID, just wait for the morse code id or maybe even voice id and it will tell you what machine it is, then seach the FCC ULS for that call and you will have the frequency. Make a recording if you dont know the code and then you can replay it to figure out the call.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The ULS only gives the info of the person who has that callsign. They don't license ham repeaters.

n3ncn

Premium Subscriber
No they don't, however check this one out. The call sign is KA3TQD. Is lic. to Chris O'Brian. This is what you will find on a callsign server.

KA3TQD
WALDORF REPEATER SUPPORT GROUP
PO BOX P.O. Box 293
Pomfret, MD 20675-0293
USA
That info is straight from the FCC database.
Check it out yourself @QTH or QRZ or anyother callsign server. I know this is not normal but it happens.

Last edited:

K0ATC

Grog said:
The ULS only gives the info of the person who has that callsign. They don't license ham repeaters.

Yes, but with the call sign and USL you can get names and addresses, then used with a repeater directory you can get the frequency. You can also get an email address with QRZ.com.

K0ATC

Oh that i know LOL you old folks with those computers LOL j/k. I wish everyone would get on qrz and put there info in there, its a great way to get a hold of people, i always shoot off an email to thank people for there QSL cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.