Questions About Channels / Broadcastify feeds for Lifeguards / Ocean Rescue in Encinitas & Surrounding Areas

climberbenj

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be traveling down to Encinitas in a few weeks for some college tours and I'm interested if anyone could provide a quick rundown on the channels that are used by the lifeguards and/or fire for ocean rescues in Encinitas & the surrounding areas. Also, any recommendations for what Broadcastify feeds run these channels would be great! Also going to be cross-posting this for Santa Monica on the LA forms.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. I'm not from the area so I'm only going by what's listed in the database

Encinitas​

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
4211a5DENC LFG 1Lifeguards 1Multi-Tac
4231a7DENC LFG 2Lifeguards 2Multi-Tac
2994bb2DENC LFG 3Lifeguards 3Multi-Tac

There are many other lifeguard talkgroups listed for different municipalities on the system linked below. Use your browser's search function (type "lifeguard") to help reveal them as the system is rather large

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
For WEST COASTAL Lifeguard ops (RCS), you typically have ENCINITAS L/G as primary, followed by Solana Beach and Del Mar as secondary. I only recall Oceanside LG doing the deeds ijn their own city though. For incident comms, you will hear them operate with FD on Northcomm 3C or 3E, and also Fire Air for when a chopper might come into play such as a panga on the beach and coast guard getting into the fray. Oh yeah, USCG 22A used for boat coastal rescue stuff near the surf.

For San Diego coast you get 9A, 9B, all the 9's (SD City 700) are likely for north end lifeguard rescues along with all the Lifeguard Dispatches River Com and River Tac, It is not uncommon for SD City Lifeguards to take calls up in the Northcomm area yet remain on their won channels for most of their operations while assisting.

Paul

Peter_SD911

Scan Sexy
Premium Subscriber
For WEST COASTAL Lifeguard ops (RCS), you typically have ENCINITAS L/G as primary, followed by Solana Beach and Del Mar as secondary. I only recall Oceanside LG doing the deeds ijn their own city though. For incident comms, you will hear them operate with FD on Northcomm 3C or 3E, and also Fire Air for when a chopper might come into play such as a panga on the beach and coast guard getting into the fray. Oh yeah, USCG 22A used for boat coastal rescue stuff near the surf.

For San Diego coast you get 9A, 9B, all the 9's (SD City 700) are likely for north end lifeguard rescues along with all the Lifeguard Dispatches River Com and River Tac, It is not uncommon for SD City Lifeguards to take calls up in the Northcomm area yet remain on their won channels for most of their operations while assisting.

Paul
I guess our breaking news bunny doesn't listen to Ca. State Parks Rangers and Lifeguards who patrol all the coastal state parks north of Encinitas (San Elijo ,Ponto, and S.Carlsbad) and into most of Carlsbad.
S.P. Aqua 853.4625 Rangers,LE and Lifeguards
SP.Copper 851.4625 LG's Seasonal/ LG,s Summer use
S.P.Lite Blue 855.6825 MA with San Diego City / Summer Overflow
S.P. Lite Green 856.0375 MA/ Used with various air support
In addition SP also has the various 700mhz TAC channels ..

Carlsbad Lifeguards (Yes, Carlsbad has a lifeguard unit and trucks)) take everything from tower 34 north to the Oceanside city line.

Oceanside Lifeguards/Fire, run all operations from the city line to the (and including) the harbor.

Oceanside PD no longer runs the 3 rescue ("Ocean 1,2 and 3") boats that belonged to the harbor district.
There are NO MORE "Ocean" Units, because OPD has left the harbor patrol business and turned it all over to FD, and to Gatekeeper Security (who now does downtown security also) for beach and harbor security monitoring.

Lifeguards/Fire are now stationed at the Marina Inn hotel (2 rooms) as a 24/7 station with 3 guards/paramedics.
All the former OPD/Harbor boats will transfer to Fire/LG's. OPD will only respond for service calls in the harbor now. No more patrolling the beaches for panga's. That's a big loss for JHOC/AMOC (Troy and Omaha) since OPD used to post-up on the beaches on clear nights.

...all for a cost savings of...
About $60,000 !

Scan Sexy...
Or Die.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I guess our breaking news bunny doesn't listen to Ca. State Parks Rangers and Lifeguards who patrol all the coastal state parks north of Encinitas (San Elijo ,Ponto, and S.Carlsbad) and into most of Carlsbad.
S.P. Aqua 853.4625 Rangers,LE and Lifeguards
SP.Copper 851.4625 LG's Seasonal/ LG,s Summer use
S.P.Lite Blue 855.6825 MA with San Diego City / Summer Overflow
S.P. Lite Green 856.0375 MA/ Used with various air support
In addition SP also has the various 700mhz TAC channels ..

Carlsbad Lifeguards (Yes, Carlsbad has a lifeguard unit and trucks)) take everything from tower 34 north to the Oceanside city line.

Oceanside Lifeguards/Fire, run all operations from the city line to the (and including) the harbor.

Oceanside PD no longer runs the 3 rescue ("Ocean 1,2 and 3") boats that belonged to the harbor district.
There are NO MORE "Ocean" Units, because OPD has left the harbor patrol business and turned it all over to FD, and to Gatekeeper Security (who now does downtown security also) for beach and harbor security monitoring.

Lifeguards/Fire are now stationed at the Marina Inn hotel (2 rooms) as a 24/7 station with 3 guards/paramedics.
All the former OPD/Harbor boats will transfer to Fire/LG's. OPD will only respond for service calls in the harbor now. No more patrolling the beaches for panga's. That's a big loss for JHOC/AMOC (Troy and Omaha) since OPD used to post-up on the beaches on clear nights.

...all for a cost savings of...
About $60,000 !

Scan Sexy...
Or Die.

I forgot about State Parks. I have them in the scanner but at night I only hear Aqua stuff.

And that $60,000 will be put to good u...nevermind...it got spent already.

download.jpeg