TRX-1: Questions about deleting certain simulcast in large system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pdoyle

Thinking of getting the trx - 1. I'm looking at the EZ scan software and I can't seem to find how you can eliminate certain simulcast when wanting to scan only a certain group within a scan list. For example the RWC is Valley Wide radio system that has many simulcasts in them each simulcast has multiple sites of course. For example if I wanted to listen to the Phoenix police I know that they're only in a simulcast A and I believe one more on Thompson Peak but I'm not too sure. I would not want the scanner to necessarily skin all the simulcasts when I'm only listening for Phoenix police which is on typically 1 simulcast. With my Uniden I am able to delete and just have simulcast a be used for the Phoenix Police Department. Any thoughts on how that's done. Thank you

Pdoyle

I think I see. Thank you! That would work as I just found a "duplicate systems" function. The challenge I have is some talk groups are on other scan lists so I want the other simulcasts available for other objects in different scan lists..

Swipesy

I think I see. Thank you! That would work as I just found a "duplicate systems" function. The challenge I have is some talk groups are on other scan lists so I want the other simulcasts available for other objects in different scan lists..

The Whistler program structure is a follows -

1. Program System and the Towers within the system you want to monitor.
2. Program Talkgroups associated with System
3. Assign Talkgroups to one or more ScanLists. Thus a single ScanList can contain Talkgroups and Conventional frequencies from various Systems. ScanLists ARE NOT System specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.