Questions about Lancaster County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0JJK

Here are the Sheriff Talkgroups. They share the LPD East Dispatch Channel.

12-043 -Ch. 3 Lincoln Police East Dispatch / Lancaster Sheriff Dispatch
13-005 Ch. 46 Sheriff SWAT / Special Operations
13-006 Ch. 49 Sheriff
13-007 Ch. 47 Sheriff Talk-Around
13-010 Ch. 48 Sheriff SWAT / Special Operations(Digital)

W0JJK

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I changed the text to read "Police / Sheriff Dispatch Channels" toward the top of the page. This shows the dispatch channel usage during different times of the day.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=623&d=trsinfo

Sheriff units will identify themselves on the radios as "902-xxx". The Lancaster County sheriff follows the typical Nebraska numbering convention (9,County Number,Deputy number). Examples "902-83" and "902-110" are sheriff units. And if you ever hear Sheriff Wagner on the radio, he would id as "902".

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick response! I'll be heading out there Monday for a 3-day show and wanted to add those channels.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
FYI - I was never able to listen to this system. My 780 was not able to track it. I checked and re-checked the frequencies and re-programmed them. I had strong signal and clean audio (in manual). Strangely, I heard what sounded like both EDACS and MOT control channels.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
You have to be within Lancaster to trunk this. The RF doesn't travel very far out from the county. If you heard the beeps on the transmissions of the users on voice channels I would say the LCN was not correct.

FDH has a system there too which may explain why you heard the Moto CC.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
NeFire242 said:
You have to be within Lancaster to trunk this. The RF doesn't travel very far out from the county. If you heard the beeps on the transmissions of the users on voice channels I would say the LCN was not correct.

FDH has a system there too which may explain why you heard the Moto CC.

Sorry - should have been more specific - I was in Lincoln for 3 days.
As for the LCN - I checked it freq for freq against the dB on my ARC780 software and on the scanner itself - twice.

As for the Moto CC - I was hearing it on one of the channels listed for the Lincoln Lancaster system.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm, I'd like to know which channel you heard the MotoCC on. I do know their FD uses MDTs, and I wonder if its a seperate freq or a TG on the system, I don't see it listed in the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.