questions about my pro-528?

Status
Not open for further replies.

php111

Hello, I have questions about my pro-528. I am a total beginner but would like to understand it more.

This is how I program. Correct me if I am wrong. I press the PGM button then got to Channel 1 and put in my frequencies and keep going and let it run into banks. Is that the right way to do it? How and what is trunking? I believe trunking frequencies are such as 814.something or 856. If so I am programming them the same way as I said I program above. Sometimes the manual doesn't always help. I need someone to help me explain the right way to program. Thank you.

php111

pinetree said:
It will be a whole lot easier if you go to
http://www.butelsoftware.com/
and buy the program for the 433 / 528. It costs $29 but it is worth it.

I have no way of paying for it and to be honest I like doing it by hand and I think I can learn better that way. Actually from my other thread I changed my mind I really don't need a program.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
php111 said:
Hello, I have questions about my pro-528. I am a total beginner but would like to understand it more.

This is how I program. Correct me if I am wrong. I press the PGM button then got to Channel 1 and put in my frequencies and keep going and let it run into banks. Is that the right way to do it? How and what is trunking? I believe trunking frequencies are such as 814.something or 856. If so I am programming them the same way as I said I program above. Sometimes the manual doesn't always help. I need someone to help me explain the right way to program. Thank you.
If you want some real help here you should keep your same post about how to program your scanner in one thread instead of jumping all over the place, I belive you will find that people here are more then willing to help you but when you jump all over the place asking the same thing it will be just a big pain in the you know what. I will look around for some kind of eazy program guide for you as I have told you I dont own a 528 and you do, so read some of the past post here as I do belive that, it will help you.

Last edited:

n2mdk

It really shouldn't be all that difficult, since the radio doesn't use alpha tags or take PL/DPL all you need to do is enter the frequencies and TGIDs for trunked systems. If you use the radio in ID Search you don't even have to enter the TGIDs you can store them as the radio finds them.

Status
Not open for further replies.