questions about onslow

Status
Not open for further replies.

da2ricky

I've had my scanner put up for a while and decided to dust it off tonight... I used to have no problem picking up OCSD and OC Firenet, when I lived in Sneads Ferry, I've moved to Holly Ridge and can't seem to pick anything up other than EMS on 155.4000.

From what I've read OCSD is still on 155.5650 but I'm hearing nothing... any suggestions?

da2ricky

a little more info:

the scanner is a Uniden BC248CLT (old and out dated, I know) and I get very little cell phone reception in the house. EMS dispatch comes through clear as day though!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to get a feed up and running.

You souldn't have any problems with the fire net on 155.880. They have a simulcast setup on that with a transmitter at the intersection of Folkstone Rd and Hwy 17, and one in Bear Creek if I remember right.

I hear them on my pager loud and clear here in Pender County, and can hear the fire net on a VHF mobile in Wayne County. In my house between Hampstead and Surf City, the fire net comes in loud and clear on a portable most of the time. County sheriff still uses 155.565, and they simulcast on a digital talkgroup on the Onslow County TRS.

I don;t know the exact setup on the EMS vhf stuff, but they are usually loud and clear throughout the entire county. I know most of the EMS traffic is on a conventional P25 800mhz channel.

Perhaps the scanner is breathing its last....

da2ricky

I get no reception in the house, even with a beefy antenna. Luckily the previous owner was into scanners also and left behind his antenna thats up about 40ft high at the top of a tree. Had to repair the line where someone cut it, but its working great now and I can hear OCSD loud and clear.

After I get my desktop computer back up and running it's going to be dedicated to streaming, should have it up and running 100% tomorrow night for anyone who wants to tune in.

Status
Not open for further replies.