Questions about Talladega County trunking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama7

My first post. I just purchased a BCD536HP scanner. I tried to set up a favorites list in Sentinel, and it kinda sorta worked. Using the ARCS, I was able to hear only Fire and EMS broadcasts. I got nothing from Sylacauga, Talladega, Childersburg police or the Sheriff dept. I have since reset the scanner to factory default. I entered my zip code, and let it auto program. I am in Coosa county, but just south of Sylacauga.

So my question is, why am I not able to receive the above mentioned sites? Is there more programming that I need to do? Do you have a example that I could use, say maybe for the Sheriff, and then duplicate the settings for the other departments? I know the frequencies will be different.

I will not let this become a $600 paperweight. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
Childersburg, Sylacauga, Talladega (City) Police & the Talladega County Sheriff's Dept. are all encrypted.
They switched to full time encryption sometime back in 2013.
Fire, EMS & most other agencies in Talladega County are still in the clear.
There is also a lot of new unknown talk groups in the 2600 range that are full time encrypted.
Not sure if the encrypted talk groups are being used in Talladega County or Calhoun County but they may be
Law Enforcement related since they are all encrypted. Some of them are very active.

In Calhoun County, Oxford & Weaver Police are full time encrypted on all of their talk groups.
Fire, EMS & most other agencies in Calhoun County are still in the clear.
Anniston Police, JSU PD & Calhoun County Sheriff have some encrypted radios but most of the users are in the clear.
Jacksonville Police is in the clear but encryption has been used.
Piedmont Police is not using the 800 system.
In both counties all of the Drug Task Force and sensitive talk groups are full time encrypted.

In Cleburne County the only 800 user is Cleburne County Sheriff and Heflin Police which use the same shared talk group.
The talk group is full time encrypted but you can monitor them on VHF via 800 patch for now.
Cleburne County is using that talk group temporarily for testing purposes and it may go silent soon.
All of Cleburne County's VHF Law Enforcement frequencies are soon to be changing over to DMR pending FCC approval.

Bama7

Childersburg, Sylacauga, Talladega (City) Police & the Talladega County Sheriff's Dept. are all encrypted.
They switched to full time encryption sometime back in 2013.
Fire, EMS & most other agencies in Talladega County are still in the clear.
There is also a lot of new unknown talk groups in the 2600 range that are full time encrypted.
Not sure if the encrypted talk groups are being used in Talladega County or Calhoun County but they may be
Law Enforcement related since they are all encrypted. Some of them are very active.

In Calhoun County, Oxford & Weaver Police are full time encrypted on all of their talk groups.
Fire, EMS & most other agencies in Calhoun County are still in the clear.
Anniston Police, JSU PD & Calhoun County Sheriff have some encrypted radios but most of the users are in the clear.
Jacksonville Police is in the clear but encryption has been used.
Piedmont Police is not using the 800 system.
In both counties all of the Drug Task Force and sensitive talk groups are full time encrypted.

In Cleburne County the only 800 user is Cleburne County Sheriff and Heflin Police which use the same shared talk group.
The talk group is full time encrypted but you can monitor them on VHF via 800 patch for now.
Cleburne County is using that talk group temporarily for testing purposes and it may go silent soon.
All of Cleburne County's VHF Law Enforcement frequencies are soon to be changing over to DMR pending FCC approval.
Thanks Codeplug for the quick reply and information. I should have did my research before buying. I will keep it, because as a former volunteer fire fighter, I still like to keep up with whats going on, and the SAME weather program is going to come in handy. My old BC350 will now be my mobile. Again, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.