Questions about Technicain test

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8tmk

I agree with ranger821. Go ahead and start studying for the General.

My wife had no interest in my ham radio hobby for the first 38 years of marriage. About four years ago, our local club offered a Tech class which I talked her into taking. The only cost for the class was the cost of the textbook. Even though she has no technical background, she easily passed the Tech test. The next year she took and passed the General, and then the following year passed the Extra.

Although the new Tech text from ARRL may be more correct for the new version of the Tech test, our volunteer teachers found many errors in the previous text. They have recently switched to the Gordon West study books for all three classes.

The sample tests on QRZ.COM and AA9PW are excellent ways to prepare yourself to take the actual test.

Randy, K8TMK
Annie, W8ALK

RadioDaze

AA9PW states that it has the current Tech exam ("July 2010+ pool")

QRZ.com's may be out of date: "Technician Class Element 2 Valid 7/01/06 thru 6/30/10", but I didn't try to run the test to verify it.

w1ai

Out-of-date practice exams

As I write this (7/10/10), both QRZ.com and eHam.net are using the obsolete pool for their Technician exam.

I recommend using my website, HamTestOnline™. While our courses are subscription-based, we also have unlimited, totally free practice exams, and we do have the latest question pools online. One great feature of our exams is that we remember your answer history, so you can go back weeks or months later and review the questions you missed on earlier exams!

John, W1AI
Owner of HamTestOnline.com

SAR923

I agree with John completely. I used his site to study for my Tech exam and passed with a 98% score. Not only are the tests current and easy to use, but they explain the right answer when you get one wrong. It's not just memorization, but you really get to know why the answers are right or wrong. As John said, all your past tests and answers are remembered, and you can bone up on the ones you miss consistently. It's $20 for all the features, but that's cheap compared to the value you get. I have no affiliation with John or his site, just a happy customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.