Questions about the 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok Guys I am to bite the bullet (LOL) and get a 396XT. I have some questions about it:

1. I have a Garmin Ledgend and Have the original Serial Cable that came with the unit. Well I know the 396xt can be used with a gps unit. Will the Ledgend work and what else do I need to get in order that It will work properly.

2 Also will the lasted verison of the Freescan software work with the scanner.

Thanks in advance and happy scanning.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1. It should work fine (be sure to put it in NMEA out and not GARMIN/GARMIN mode). You'll need a null-modem adapter+gender changer to connect the supplied cables together.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
Ok Guys I am to bite the bullet (LOL) and get a 396XT. I have some questions about it:

1. I have a Garmin Ledgend and Have the original Serial Cable that came with the unit. Well I know the 396xt can be used with a gps unit. Will the Ledgend work and what else do I need to get in order that It will work properly.

2 Also will the lasted verison of the Freescan software work with the scanner.

Thanks in advance and happy scanning.

In Answer to Question 2. . YES, it works Great, use it daily....on BCD996xt and the BCD396xt.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
will the same USB programming cable work on the 396xt ?

Don't quite know what you mean about the "same" USB cable. Are you talking about the USB cable that your GPS unit uses? If so probably not. However the 396XT should (if bought new from a reputable retailer) have a serial programming cable included inside the box.
You may need a USB->9 Pin Serial adapter but other than that you should be good to go. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

AC0RV

Feed Provider
No the cable I was refering to was the USB programming cable that I purchased for the Uniden 396t not the serial cable for the gps. my question on it was answered in a previous post.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am still wondering if the USB programming on the 396t will work on the 396xt ?
Same cable. Works on the BC246T, BCD396T, BR330T, BCT15, BCD996T, and all of the XT series scanners (396XT, 346XT, & 996XT).

Status
Not open for further replies.