Questions about the SNACC and the NSRS systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

I'm headed to Vegas in a few weeks and have a few questions. I'll be bringing my PSR 500 and would like to listen to these two systems. I'll be staying somewhere on the strip. Most likely the southern end. On the SNACC system how many freq. do I need to program in? Can I just program in site 001 Las Vegas or do I need other sites. Same question for the NSRS system. I mostly want to listen to fd's on the SNACC and the highway patrol on the NSRS. I see there are multiple sites listed under Las Vegas on that system. That's why I'm a little confused. My other question is, what are the best tgid's to program in. I see there are quite a few and some probably aren't worth the time such as all the tac channels. My last question is, as far as other pd's and fd's such as North Las Vegas and Boulder ect, will I be able to pick these up or should I not bother with them. I know there are alot of questions that I'm asking but if I don't ask them then I don't know if I could figure it all out by myself. Thank you in advance for any responses!

mdickerson17

If you program all the sites for snacc you'll be able to hear nlvpd and boulder city pd anywhere in vegas, I tried just programming in site 1 at first and noticed i was missing alot so its probably best if enter them all! With nhp I have site 5, 6 and 122 and they seem to work fine! And as far as the tac channels the only ones I think would be worth listening to are metros as i really dont hear much of anything on nlvpd, hendo and fire tac channels! Oh and dont forget to have a listen to metro's convention center channel if your on the strip, theres always something going on! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

coolrich55

Thank you guys! Just one more thing. Will it work if I only program in the control channels, because I only can put in 32 frequencies on one system I think.

BCFlash

I doubt if you will have a problem. GRE did release updates this month, DSP version 1.4 and firmware version 1.8 but the earlier 1.3/1.7 set works fine. If yours is older than that you might want to update. The GRE forum on this site has all the information.

coolrich55

Thanks, that's what i figured about motorola system. But with the edacs system do i program all three sites all together in order. Or does each site have to be seperate?

Status
Not open for further replies.