Questions and more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB_Dallas

I got Unitrunker up and running... (I'll tell on myself... I'm stupid... after getting to the point of wanting to toss it out the window because it would not work when you hooked up the Discriminator tap to the level 4 decoder because the tap MUST go to the decoder............. yeah... okay.. after that lack of oxygen moment, let me continue)

I must be old because I cannot seem to find some answers to some questions....

What is the purpose of the "Uniform" program? I'm trying to understand here but the documentation is somewhat limited.

I saw something about importing old files and to look in the hints section... unfortunately, I'm not finding that hints section.

I would like to download some of the systems I routinely listen to... however, I cannot figure out how to find the RR database number....

I think I am getting old and harder to teach... LOL

help!

JB

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
When looking at the sysetm in question, check the end of the address at the top of your browser. (sid=...) The numbers are the RR database system number.

SCPD

QRT
JB_Dallas said:
What is the purpose of the "Uniform" program?
The program's purpose is to allow you to monitor one or more trunked radio systems but displaying the control channel activity in a more human readable form.

Considering the lack of documentation - if you've managed to configure a receiver to successfully decode the control channel of a system local to you, I'd say you're doing well.

JB_Dallas said:
I would like to download some of the systems I routinely listen to... however, I cannot figure out how to find the RR database number....
You can find the SID just as fwradio describes above. If the program is asking for you to provide a SID - you likely have an EDACS system. When logging systems - it is a good idea to fill out the frequency of the active control channel. In the future the program may be able to retrieve a pick list of possible systems based upon system type and frequency. For the time being, we're stuck with manually typing in the SID.

Sometimes, an example is best. Here's one:

The Lower Colorado River Authority runs a large networked EDACS system on 900 Mhz in Central Texas. The SID number for this system is 48. Here is what the URL looks like when viewing this system from a browser.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=48

See the number 48 at the end? That's the "magic" number you need to download a specific system.

The next trick is figuring out where to type in that number in the program. When monitoring a live control channel - you will see the site window appear. This window has a bar graph in the top left corner reporting signal strength. It also has a "Calls" tab and a "History" tab where you can see calls and other trunking related activity. The tool bar includes a small icon that looks like a house on the far left. Clicking that will open the System window. On the System window, click the "Info" tab and scroll down until you've located the SID field. It's under the RadioReference.com caption at or near the bottom so it should be easy to find.

Click the SID field and type in the number of your system. Press enter when done. To download the system - only one step remains - click the greenish-blue globe icon to start the download. The program will prompt for your RR DB user name and password. Click on the "Groups" tab of the system window. Within a few seconds, you should see this grid fill with talkgroup labels.

Some systems are very well covered - others are more sparse. The data you see is only as good as the submissions received.

Good luck!

JB_Dallas

maybe I see

so what you are saying is that the uniform.exe program is essentially the old database administrator program from the old trunked program... like TrunkerDM essentially....

Is this correct?
(I am an ole (okay OLD) trunker/etrunker user)

JB

JB_Dallas

Thank you....

While I was driving home, I called one of my good friends here locally and he clued me in to the id thing... LOL

DUH.....

thanks to you both for all the help....

JB

JB_Dallas

Ya know... I think I figured something out

I've been confusing in what I have been saying...

It appears as though I, at the moment, have everything figured out!!!

Thank you all for all your help!

(I was using the old and trying to use the new at the same time... LOL)

JB

JB_Dallas

Waiting to get on Trunker YahooGroup...

I used to be on the Trunkergroup on Yahoo but somewhere along the way got unconnected from it...I am going through the work to get back in (unusual, have to go to a wiki on a seperate site to sign up... never heard of such a thing... but if it keeps the spam down... I'm all for it!!!!)

Are there any other "special keys" like F8 to hold on a talkgroup?

Just Checking....

BTW... I got the old version to work great!!! The new version I can get to track okay... but I cannot get the voice following to work which I what I REALLY want.....

but the old version works like a finely tuned PORCHE!!!!

What a great program.!!!!

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.