Questions for Orange County listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
You should add back 2K for metronnet they still use that but when all the frequencys are back up they will use it also metrinet use all 1b for drills and planning stuff and also you are missing 5g for lugnana Beach tactical and 5j belongs to orange conty fire

None of fire talkgroups were modified, so I'm not sure what you mean.

2K and 5G are both listed and I don't see a 5J. Since nothing was deleted, go ahead and make a submission for it.

kma371

QRT
Also, the 1-A and 1-B TG's for each city would be best located under each city with the Greens, silvers and pinks. Also, the city FD's have their city's pink TG as 1-C. Can that be added to the notes for each TG at least or make the TG tags "1C ANA PINK" for example ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are the city fire departments operated under the authority of the Orange County Fire Authority? If they are, I'd like to leave them as they are since they are one entity.

And what is the "Fire 1C" notes after the Pink channels? Is that just what the channel is called or the position of the radio that talk group is in?

Also, are those fire specific or just interoperabilty within each city?

This was my point in all this, if I'm not from the area, none of that would make sense to me as an outside listener.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Straight from the RR Wiki:

PINK - One talkgroup, designated PINK is assigned to each city and utilized for common communications between that city's law enforcement, fire service, lifeguard/marine safety and public works departments. Each Pink talkgroup is city specific and unique to that city. Communications can not occur between other cities on the Pink talkgroup. The Pink talkgroup is designated 1C in all fire service radios except Santa Ana, which is 1E. The Fire Authority and Sheriff-Coroner do not have a Pink talkgroup in their radios.

Fire specifically refers to PINK as 1-C.
Other disciplines call it PINK.

City FD's are under their own authority, but dispatched by a regional Dispatch center with the exception of Costa Mesa and Laguna Beach, who have their own Dispatch centers.

IMO, they should stay grouped how they are and just move the zone 1 TG'S to the respective city, since they are city specific. I think if you group everything by city you lose the continuity of the zone concept and it becomes more difficult to dial in a talkgroup.

Last edited:

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Also, I think an inherent problem with the DB is that there is a ton of valuable info in the wiki and it appears that at least some people don't realize it is there. Someone asked earlier in the thread about which talkgroups are assigned to which cell. Much of that is in the wiki.
Listeners who are not familiar with the system can look at the wiki, much of which is verbatim from the official OC radio guide, and have a pretty decent idea of how things work with less than 10 minutes of reading.

Isn't that the point of the wiki, at least in part? On a global scale, most systems would be foreign to me to being an outsider, but if I could use the wiki, it should help bring clarity, as it should with the CCCS. A note somewhere or something to point to the wiki in a more obvious fashion might be helpful.

As I stated before. This hobby is pretty technical and I really don't think it is reasonable to give someone a scanner and for them to be able to figure out the nuances of a system by looking at text tags in their scanner.
This isn't the days of tuning LAPD on your AM radio
Those days are ancient history.
There really has to be an expectation that people will do a little bit of homework and/or ask questions in the forum.

The DB was really a mess and I am glad we are tackling it as a group. Thanks again for opening it up for (mostly) constructive discussion.

drsl2000

. True for the Silvers as well, Parks always says to switch to Silver 3 or Silver 2 , etc.. You just have to keep track of what agency you are listening to (I do this with groups).

So I'l try again, current database has listed:

"41600 a28 D CO PRKS T1 Co Parks Tac 1 "
"41632 a2a D CO PRKS T2 Co Parks Tac 2 "

Should be:
"41600 a28 D CO PRKS SLV-2 Co Parks Silver-2 "
"41632 a2a D CO PRKS SLV-3 Co Parks Silver-3 "

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.