Questions for those in the bay area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

Do you have scanners set up for both Oakland and San Fran? Do you have both areas covered in your every day scanner? That is to say the scanner you walk out the door with on a regular basis

Do you have radios set aside for aviation, coast guard etc for both cities?

How many scanners do you have? Which models/brands?

cquirk

So I listen to Oakland Alameda sherrif etc. SF is just to weak in my mobile applcation to do much good.

San Jose and Dublin Hayward CHP

San Ramon Fire

Occasional COCO sheriff central channel for local stuff when I am at home

USCG channels 16 13 and 14 occasional 68 when I am involved in bay activity

Use commercial rigs for monitoring in the car, 1 Vertex 1000 and 4 VX 3000 s they just work better than scanners. A FT 8800 for amatuer and monitoring of UHF channels with SRVFD. I have a PRO 107 I carry around for trunked systems like ALCO public saftey, a Cobra Marine radio for USCG, Vertex 2070 for portable fire and police monitoring.

Between business, amatuer and monitoring radios I have 7 radios in my car including an APRS radio for texting. I have on the car 5 antennas 3 for UHF/VHF/800, 1 for VHF high and 1 for VHF low. Duplexors and triplexors feed all the radios. Some of these transmit so the placement of the antennas is real critical to avoid desensing other radios. Gives me the ability to monitor multiple frequncies at one time. I can here calls get passed between San Jose CHP and Hayward which I usually would not be able to hear, Calls between San Ramon fire and the sherriff and activity between the 2

Bart/Amtrak when I am on a train use the Pro 107 with an earpiece

At home I have another bunch of radios mostly amatuer, FT8800, FT 450, some Midland 6 meters and then some Vertex 2070 and VX 3000 s for police and fire. They go to a very low profile antenna farm on top of a 2 story house,use of duplexors triplexors etc are common. Vertical trapped multi band ground antenna, yagis, and muli band dipoles 2 of those. 4 satellite dishes for K and related bands.

22349cvc

Hi Chris-

Sorry to threadjack, Stavro, but I noticed that Chris is just a few exits south of me. Chris-I'm new to the scanner game, and I'm looking at a Uniden BC898T-will that suffice for monitoring the CoCo County SO and SRV Fire? Thanks so much. (I would have PM'd this, but can't see how to do it!

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.