Questions for Tuscarawas Co scanner enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For those of you who have scanners and monitor the Tuscarawas Co 911 Trunked System, I've got a few questions.

1. TG 57424 -- Sandy Valley PD

To my knowledge, there is no "Sandy Valley Police Department"

Does anyone have an idea who actually uses this talkgroup? Somebody does. Many radios in fact. But I can't pinpoint who the actual users are on that talkgroup.

I know Sugarcreek and Strasburg PDs are reportedly on their own 800 mhz conventional frequencies, but I wonder if Sugarcreek and/or Strasburg are on TG 57424?

And, Sandy Valley is around Magnolia. Magnolia PD isn't on this system are they? I don't think they are actually in the county. How about Mineral City? Do they have a PD? And if so, are they on this talkgroup? I am probably grasping at straws.

2. TG 57808 -- Sandy Valley FD

To my knowledge there is no "Sandy Valley Fire Department"

However, I do hear Baltic (station 9), Sugarcreek (station 10), Swiss Valley Ambulance District (station 90) on there.

I'm not sure who submitted the names "Sandy Valley PD" and "Sandy Valley FD", but I suspect the descriptions are wrong / do not properly indicate the agencies / geographic area covered by the users on those talkgroups.

Would appreciate if somebody would shed some light on what these talkgroup names really are [if somebody really truly knows what the names are in the fire radios / police radios) or a better name that somebody might feel fits the these talkgroups more appropriately.

Anyone?

Thanks

Mike

jerk

There is a Sandy Valley School district, apparently it was a town or area that has declined through loss of population. It is near Magnolia, at least uses their mailing address. And there is a Sandy township, somehow related I think, but just a guess.
I can copy the system when at the office, but have been concentrating on Stark Trunking.

cann1995

Premium Subscriber
It should be Swiss Valley not Sandy Valley which is the Baltic and Sugarcreek area. Baltic Fire, Sugarcreek Fire and Swiss Valley EMS District share the Swiss Valley Fire talkgroup.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It should be Swiss Valley not Sandy Valley which is the Baltic and Sugarcreek area. Baltic Fire, Sugarcreek Fire and Swiss Valley EMS District share the Swiss Valley Fire talkgroup.

Thank you. That makes a lot more sense now. I'll update that talkgroup.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Matt,

Do you happen to know the agencies on TG 57454 "Sandy Valley PD"? I am wondering if this is going to end up also being Swiss Valley and possibly consist of Sugarcreek PD and/or other local PDs.

Any confirmed data on this one?

Also, please look through the talkgroups in the DB for the TC 911 trunked system and let me know if you see anything else needing corrected.

Tuscarawas County Trunking System, New Philadelphia, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok, I'm posing a lot of questions in sequential posts. For those who are just reading this thread, please also read the posts above.

1. Does anybody know if the law enforcement agencies in the county have "station numbers" or "agency numbers" like the fire departments do? If so, could you post them?

2. TG 59248 -- Some transportation deal - has at least 20 radios

Could this be TuscTransit ?

3. TG 59280 - Unknown agency - has at least 9 radios

4. TG 59312 - Uknown agency - has at least 17 radios

Between 59280 and 59312, I've heard some traffic guys. It's not New Phila PD or a PD. It's not county engineers. The radios on all three of the 59xxx talkgroups above are distinctive. That is, for the most part, the radios on each of the above 59xxx talkgroups stays only on that talkgroup.

Mike

are these still used?
CO FIRE 853.4375 DPL-023
CO FIRE-OPS 854.4625 DPL-051
EMS OPS 855.4875 DPL-023
STRASBURG POLICE 855.4625 DPL-023
SUGARCREEK POLICE 856.2375 DPL-023

i drive through tuscarawas county going to marietta ohio and was just asking if these are still used to put them in my scanner.

thanks dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.