• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

questions on mts2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis_R

The flex connectors are on the controller board. Not that easy to do without the proper equipment. I circled where they are at on the pic.

Attachments

• MTS2000.jpg
    MTS2000.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 337

fineshot1

i have received a couple of mts2000 radios that i was told the flex connectors needed reflowing where is this part at exactly?

Sorry - I mis-understood your first post. I thought you were referring to flex assembly cables.

I have worked on hundreds of MTS/MTX radios and never have I encountered this issue of
flex connectors needing re-soldering, and don't think you can do it due to the multi-layer
pcb construction of the controller board and the parts mounted on the opposite side from
the flex connectors. Is there a service bulletin associated with what you were told?

Luis_R

Sorry - I mis-understood your first post. I thought you were referring to flex assembly cables.

I have worked on hundreds of MTS/MTX radios and never have I encountered this issue of
flex connectors needing re-soldering, and don't think you can do it due to the multi-layer
pcb construction of the controller board and the parts mounted on the opposite side from
the flex connectors. Is there a service bulletin associated with what you were told?

I have encountered these issues and have repaired and replaced the connections and connectors. But you need the proper equipment and be skilled at it, because if you aren't you could damage or warp the board. Not sure about the service bulletin.

fineshot1

I have encountered these issues and have repaired and replaced the connections and connectors. But you need the proper equipment and be skilled at it, because if you aren't you could damage or warp the board. Not sure about the service bulletin.

yes - that is why i was skeptical of the op being capable of accomplishing such a task.

my shop would have to send the mts2000 back to moto for this type of repair as we are
not trained or equipped for such repair work.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Just Kidding...

I have the right equipment. Need help reflowing those boogers?

Attachments

• torch.jpg
    torch.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.