questions regarding case from scanner master

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello has anyone recently purchased the hard leather case from scanner master. can you see all of the screen on the scanner threw the plastic window or is some of the screen blocked . can you see the led light good or is this also coverd i like to see the led and all of the screen. are all the cutouts on the case done or are there no cutouts.is the scanner able to stand uprite without any modifications or does it fall over. has anyone suffered any scratches from taking scanner out and put back in scanner over time.please any others cons about this case. i would like to get one but if there problems i dont want it, also is it easy to put in & take out . thanks for youre help this is for the hard leather case. forgot this is for the 500.

Last edited:

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
hello has anyone recently purchased the hard leather case from scanner master. can you see all of the screen on the scanner threw the plastic window or is some of the screen blocked . can you see the led light good or is this also coverd i like to see the led and all of the screen. are all the cutouts on the case done or are there no cutouts.is the scanner able to stand uprite without any modifications or does it fall over. has anyone suffered any scratches from taking scanner out and put back in scanner over time.please any others cons about this case. i would like to get one but if there problems i dont want it, also is it easy to put in & take out . thanks for youre help this is for the hard leather case. forgot this is for the 500.

I checked out the customer review from Scanner Masters about a case for the PRS 800 and it seems like the case covers up things like the LED light and the USB port which I use when I have it in my car. It also appears that some have a difficult time viewing the screen while the unit is in the case. I cannot tell if it covers up the programming buttons which is an issue for me since sometimes I program the radio "on the go". So although I wanted to help protect the new face plate which GRE just replaced (thank you again GRE) I think I am going to hold off buying a case for the radio until somebody comes up with something better.

Jkendr23

case from scanner master

I have been using the GRE PSR 500 case from Scanner Master and have been pleased with it. Cut-outs allow access to the charging and data ports. The LED can be seen even while in the case. The window allows you to see the display and access all buttons, but there are times when glare is a problem. I consider this a minor problem as the case does a great job of protecting the scanner. It is a snug fit with a loop that goes around the antenna mounting point. There is no loss in volume (IMHO), but the only issue is slight rubbing in a small area slightly above the display and then only on the left and right front edges. Other than this, there is not another mark anywhere on my 500! The case allows the scanner to stand upright unassisted, is rugged and well made (It comes with a rugged belt loop which is of processional quality). I have been using mine for over a year. This is NOT a wimpy, thin-walled case. I think you'll be pleased with this case.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I find it well built, rugged, and has all the features needed for the PSR-500, including a well built metal belt loop and antenna bungee. It's a much better design than the PSR-800/Pro-18 version.

W9BFD

Scanner Case

Buy it ! I have one for my 500, and wouldn't be without it. It is a quality built case. You can still program, and get to all of the controls while at the same time protecting your investment from possible damage. You won't be sorry. 73

Status
Not open for further replies.