• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Quick Call II on a Consolette

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I've seen the multitude of threads about QCII and the XTS/XTL2500 and 5000's. I am trying to get things to work FOR ONE CHANNEL on QCII in my consolette. Using an approved "lesser used in my area" ham frequency, I have been experimenting between my XTS5000 and th XTL5000 Consolette.

No matter what I do, I can't get either radio to "open up" upon a QCII tone out similar to my local fire's tones. I used my scanner to find the tones for the local station. The radios stay "open" to all traffic regardless as I put the QCII setup on the RX of the local fire channel (since TX is inhibited) and everything came through...

Anyone got a clear cut answer for this? I've spent the last three days perusing the various forums for tips, tricks and ideas.

Regards,

-Frank C.

K2NEC

I need to look at my cps because I think I have the resolution for your problem. Its a drop down menu item I think. In the meantime, can you take a picture of the signaling tab for that personality?

K2NEC

Ok so your signaling squelch in your signaling personality should be set to "And" instead of "Or". This should fix your problem.

K2NEC

Under the signaling tab I was able to select quik call and when I did so in the Quik call tab it allowed me to check "selective call decode" and set the "unmute type" to "And"

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
I'll have to change it! It also didn't help that I was still on R07 for firmware apparently.

Regards,

-Frank C.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Just as a follow up here to get the ball rolling again...Tones are VERIFIED now from someone on communications.support forums. I'm quoting directly from there...I don't need the DTMF tones necessarily as those change call to call based on who they dispatch out. In the decode below, it was engine 6580 being dispatched.

{communications.support quote}
The first series of three beeps are as follows:

Frequency: 1000 Hz (standard 1 kHz tone)
Duration: 210ms per beep
Spacing: 85ms

At about 15 secs in the recording, the tones are DTMF. 6-5-8-0. The digit duration is 75ms, with 35ms spacing in between.

The last part are the QCII tones you already identified. (378.6/358.6 (143/142))
{/communications.support quote}

So with that being said, am I still set right for doing QCII A followed by QCII A/B? Doing a "pager" channel is defintely a NEW ONE for me.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Status
Not open for further replies.