Quick Call II Paging on Motorola radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

vs1988

If a channel in a Moto portable is programmed to open the squelch when tones are received, can you transmit on that channel to reply, or do you need to go to the main channel?

Example: I plan to have channel 1 set as our main dispatch freq 452.xxx. Channel 4 will have the same freq. pair, but will be set for QCII tones. If I have my radio set on channel 4 and get a page, do I need to click over to channel 1 to reply to dispatch?

Thanks

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I know with my old company radio (maxtrac) we would get a two-tone decode when we were recieving an autopatch phonecall, and that we would still be on the channel when talking. I know on the kenwood 270 my FD used, we would also be able to use the channel set aside for our paging tones (after the tones opened up the sql).

vs1988

Thanks.

Also, when requesting programming, are the A and B tones all the info that is needed, or is there a specific length for each tone?

KE4ASQ

vs1988 said:
Thanks.

Also, when requesting programming, are the A and B tones all the info that is needed, or is there a specific length for each tone?
I know on /\/\ QCII A-B, Long B. It is 1 sec "A" and 3 sec "B".

Status
Not open for further replies.