• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

quick call Motorola xts5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
i have a xts5000 vhf set for quick call it works as long as you on the channel is there a way to have radio to scan but not un mute until quick call is received

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Yes. You set it to And unmuting. There may be another setting needed I'll check my code plug when I get home in a few unless someone else has the answer handy

Edit, after rereading that. You would have the channel in the scanlist with "And" unmuting

I have two channels on the knob dedicated to dispatch, 1 & 16. I set 1 as regular operating channel and 16 is "And" unmuting under receive settings so that that is my "pager" channel.

Make a scanlist with your pager personality on it but not your operating personality.

Also, if you could add "scanning" somehow to the title of this thread it would probably help others find it, there are lots of threats concerning QCII on the XTS5K
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
This what i have

Attachments

• 20170613_194601.jpg
    20170613_194601.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 431
  • 20170613_194550.jpg
    20170613_194550.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 434
  • 20170613_194532.jpg
    20170613_194532.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 425

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Your settings look right, so now you make a scan list with that personality on it and scan that list.

SCPD

QRT
I have scan list with that personality on it with other stuff in the scan list but during scan it receives still until i turn it off and monitor that channel its in and it works i want it while im scanning my ham radio frequencys to not stop on that channel until it receives the quick call it is a model 1 5000 vhf firmware dsp is 17

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Strange.

Do you have to hit the reset button? You're sure you don't have the same channel duplicated on the list with "or" muting?

Maybe something in your priority settings?

You can send me it.

SCPD

QRT
Nope that channel is the one one using that personality

K4RMN

It won't work, you have the same problem I do: those are Plectron tones, see the chart here: https://www.midians.com/pdf/tone-signaling-charts.pdf

I spoke with the Motorola radio tech for my county and he confirmed the tones used by one of my stations are Plectron tones as well and that the XTS5000 and XTL5000 won't react to it due to the sensitivity or method of signal generation Motorola consoles use.

Example: I use a radio that has two-tone signal generation capability to put out a raw tone at the appropriate frequencies, and my XTS5000 alerts. However when my dispatch tones out the legacy Plectron tones on a Motorola MCC 5500 console system to the repeater, my radio does not respond to it, only to actual Quick-Call II tones for my other station.

SCPD

QRT
The 5000 will decode 732 and 1465 for quick call as long as im on that channel but when i go to scan it opens the receive i don't want it to open tho until they send out the tones

Status
Not open for further replies.