• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Quick Call on P25 trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Cannot do QC-II on P25 Trunking on the G5. Search the forums there was a thread not too long ago. Basically Unication's way of using the G4/G5 for trunked paging is to have the system admin create a specific talkgroup vs tone set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
Cannot do QC-II on P25 Trunking on the G5. Search the forums there was a thread not too long ago. Basically Unication's way of using the G4/G5 for trunked paging is to have the system admin create a specific talkgroup vs tone set.

Errr.. So basically anything on talkgroup 48 is traffic for Engine 48, anything on talkgroup 49 is engine 49, etc?

Yeah, don't think I can convince the county system to do this :-D

Dang, maybe they'll implement this in the future.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
It's talk group driven. Station 1 gets TG for paging, station 2 gets a TG, etc. If station TG are already in place on the system, those could be used if dispatching via a common dispatch channel. Just depends on how the system is setup. Example, locally the station's all have individual talk groups allocated to them but dispatched traffic generally went over official dispatch talk groups. So those station groups could be utilized for paging (or mirror groups could be created).

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Errr.. So basically anything on talkgroup 48 is traffic for Engine 48, anything on talkgroup 49 is engine 49, etc?

Yeah, don't think I can convince the county system to do this :-D

Dang, maybe they'll implement this in the future.

There would need to be at least three talkgroups for that arrangement. One pagegroup for each station, unless they are always paged together, then a talkgroup for the units to talk with dispatch. (With others added for each additional paging need, and additional radio traffic.)

Sent via Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
There would need to be at least three talkgroups for that arrangement. One pagegroup for each station, unless they are always paged together, then a talkgroup for the units to talk with dispatch. (With others added for each additional paging need, and additional radio traffic.)

Sent via Tapatalk

Wouldn't be a bad idea to have area wide groups (either by zone or department) to quickly page multiple departments in a A-B/A/C tone type setup.

phirephoto

Premium Subscriber
I mean be able to decode them and make and alert sound when sounded off like the APX radios do now. Other radios might do it but I know the APX will do it over trunking digital.

Oh - you mean decode. I suppose, not sure what format APX decodes...

KM4WLV

Any updates on Quick Call II on P25?

I know I'm resurrecting a thread that's over two months old........

Just curious if anyone has heard or seen where anymore progress has been made on being able to use Quick Call II paging via P25. I saw several comments above where Unication David mentioned a hopefully 30 to 60 day rollout and that was on May 8th. I'm not chomping at the bit since I have a G5 and can still use VHF for paging. There have been several departments that have seen my G5 and like it. One of those departments is dispatched via 800 only. Their APX radios are set up for Quick Call but only the guys on duty & the department brass have radios. The other off duty guys use either Active911 or a set of "callback" tones on our VHF county fire frequency. They're eager to see this capability and demo a pager or two.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
We are currently testing in closed beta a version that is capable of QCII over P25. This software allows the unit to decode QCII tones over Motorola RF just like some APX's do. I am suspecting release very soon I will keep you all informed of our progress. We need to create new programming guides for this new release as well. Some things have changed that effect everyone not just those wanting the QCII so we need to have all of our t's crossed and I's dotted.

KM4WLV

We are currently testing in closed beta a version that is capable of QCII over P25. This software allows the unit to decode QCII tones over Motorola RF just like some APX's do. I am suspecting release very soon I will keep you all informed of our progress. We need to create new programming guides for this new release as well. Some things have changed that effect everyone not just those wanting the QCII so we need to have all of our t's crossed and I's dotted.

Awesome stuff! I appreciate the response David. It's great to see that you guys actually take the time to test things before sending it out to the masses. When this feature is released will we have to pay to upgrade out pagers? I know some folks are eagerly awaiting the Phase 2 update & I believe I remember reading that it would cost to upgrade to P2.

I'm not chomping at the bit for Phase 2. I'm really looking forward to the QCII update & there are several depts wanting to see it that I've talked to. Again, thanks for the response/update & all you do here to keep us informed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.