• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Quick call tones for HT1250

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Hi all, I had a quick question. So I have the Professional Series CPS Version R06.12.08 and I was wondering where I put this number in 730. This number is for a dispatch of hatzolah and to only receive a certain area. I can get the correct alert tones on main dispatch, but the radio doesn’t unmute on the private channel when a call in my area goes out. I have tried setting the unmute type to both and/or and I don’t know what else to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Hi all, I have a Motorola HT1250 and I was wondering how I can get one of my conventional personality's to unmute. I am using it as a scanner for my local volunteer EMS and the 3 digit number I have is 730. On the county dispatch, I will get the special alert tone, but I will also hear everywhere else unrelated to my area. But for one channel, I put the MDC system 1 with the group ID as 730 and it will be muted for places that don't relate to me but will also stay muted when there is a call around me. I have tried putting the signaling squelch to And but it still remains muted. How can I fix this?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Your title states Quick Call but now you are attempting to use MDC. Two completely different things. Can you confirm which one they use?

K2NEC

Here's a crazy idea, how about you join your local volunteer EMS and you will be given a radio that you can use to monitor them and respond to calls ;)

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
that's the console encoder number which should correlate to a two tone sequence.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Here's a crazy idea, how about you join your local volunteer EMS and you will be given a radio that you can use to monitor them and respond to calls ;)
Well I don’t want to. I don’t want to join, I don’t want to respond to calls, I only want to listen. If it’s too hard to help me, that’s fine, but don’t annoy me.

K2NEC

To be fair, there's plenty of people trying to help you here but it doesn't help us that YOU don't even know what you are talking about

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
That is true. What I need help with is to keep my radio muted while calls going out do not relate to my area, while calls related to my area the radio will unmute for

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I'm really not sure. I just thought to put all the info that I know
Lets figure out what you are trying to accomplish here. You want a channel where it remains silent until dispatch sends out the "alert tones". After that the speaker unmutes so you can listen to the announcement. Correct?

I'd like to confirm the "alert tones". If this is quick call 2, dispatch would send a certain tone for one second followed by a second tone for three seconds. Is this what you are hearing?

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Answer to question 1: yes
Answer to question 2: no, I am hearing 2 tones it goes beep, beep (same pitch) beep (higher pitch).

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Four beeps huh? Well this is not quick call or MDC signaling. All that's left is DTMF. It would sound like a phone dialing. Anyway you can upload a recording of the alert tone.?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
They may not be using signaling tones. Just console alert tones to alert crew to listen for a call.