Quick & Easy Scanner Floor Mount for '04 Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

My wife always asks me why I keep what she thinks is junk. You are definitely a man after my own heart. Love your makeshift jobs! I'm still trying to come up with something for our Equinox. Pro Clips makes a couple of mounts that I just am not sure about their placement. One is on the passenger side in an odd spot, and the other is on the drivers side near the windshield. I've made up a holder that will hold my 396XT and Pro-106, but it's not ideal. Used an old base that used to have either a 2m mobile, and/or scanner mounted in much bigger vehicles and added a clamshell with a holder that does the button clips and regular belt clips.
Great job!
Larry

radiowave15

Thanks Larry. It can be a real challenge in today's cars to install these radios neatly. Just this evening my daughter asked me what I was doing just staring at the Jeep and walking around. I told her I was just trying to be creative. Sometimes the best idea will just hit you out of the blue. Pro clips has some good stuff, but I've always preferred to cobble something together on my own. I'm struggling with getting my 10 mtr in the car in a way that I like; maybe one day a real HF mobile rig with a remote head would be great but for now I'm using older and larger radios. I did just come across an eBay listing for a 10mtr hand held radio that will put out 8 watts. Price ~ $200. The small size gives a lot more options. But we'll see.

Thanks again for your thoughts,
Dan

Hey, I love your idea. I was actually thinking about mounting my Pro-96 at a similar location but in my Mercury Montego since it has a center console as well.

I agree with it being hard to find places for radios in modern cars. I've already got a 2m mobile inside of a storage area in my car's center console. If I'm lucky I'll be able to squeeze a CB in there and then mount my scanner like you did in your video. For me, figuring out where to install your gear is all part of the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.